Quantcast

San Diego trailwork - Noble Canyon

BullittX

Monkey
Dec 6, 2002
Hell Cajon, CA.
TRAILWORK AT NOBLE CANYON – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12 @8:30 A.M.

Join the San Diego Mountain Biking Association for trailwork at Noble Canyon Saturday the 12th! We will be removing the brush that has sprung up from the summer rains. Meet at 8:30 a.m. at the upper trailhead parking lot at Penny Pines, we will carpool to near the work location.

Bring the usual: water, sturdy shoes, gloves, eye protection and a snack. All tools and training will be provided. We'll work till 1:00 p.m., raffle off some schwag Courtesy of Santa Cruz and Turner Bikes, then go for a ride.

Please R.S.V.P. to mark@sdmba.com so we have an idea how many tools will be required.

Directions: I-8 East past Pine Valley to Sunrise Highway (S1) then to Penny Pines at mile marker 27.3 on Sunrise Highway.

Tonycalves

Monkey
Feb 16, 2005
PB SanDiego/NYC
I'm in need of a tire the last ride the tube popped and blew a hole in the side wall. I can definatly use a Maxxis if there 2.5 or bigger. Let me know if you can save me the trouble of picking 1 up.

Tonycalves

Monkey
Feb 16, 2005
PB SanDiego/NYC
Question can we build bridges crossing the water hazzards? No skinnies in the trees or ramps just ways to cross the streams a few inches above the water. Belive it or not I'm a bridge builder, so I think I could handle the task. I hate getting my steel bikes wet.

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
Tonycalves said:
Question can we build bridges crossing the water hazzards? No skinnies in the trees or ramps just ways to cross the streams a few inches above the water. Belive it or not I'm a bridge builder, so I think I could handle the task. I hate getting my steel bikes wet.
AAHAAHA:D what's amatta...can't pick the 60 lb. Hitman up and carry it across the little streams and wet rocks?

I have a well used (but still good) pair of 2.5 Minions you can use if you still need sumptin for tomorrow. How we gonna shuttle if it's just you and me bro?

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Wow you guy's who worked on Noble yesterday, did a great job!! Wikitypooshlag both had to work yesterday, but we went out there today and rode/hiked up to the top, then rode down.
It was funny, cause all the XC guy's gave us weird looks and asked us which direction we were going and we said up! They said we're crazy for pedaling and hiking up to the top on DH bikes. We were like why? XC guys do it all the time! lol

But the trail was great, nicely groomed, very flowy in the smooth part's and nice job over all.

BullittX

Monkey
Dec 6, 2002
Hell Cajon, CA.
Thanks to all volunteers that showed up! We had 26 vols put in about 4 1/2 hours of cutting brush and digging waterbars at the switchbacks. Afterward SDMBA rewarded everyone with schwag from Santa Cruz, 661, Accel Gel and Maxxis tires from BMXman's private reserve (be sure and czech out his ebay deals), then we went for a ride down Noble.

More trailwork and schwag in 2006!

mark@sdmba.com