Quantcast

San Diego???

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
Hello guys,

Iam new here, I live now one year in Tijuana, Mexico.
Iam from germany and I love riding downhill or freeride.
I saw some pictures of riding in San diego(Poway)
the spots are called meadowbrook or ted williams.
In the next time I will buy a bike in the USA.
And then I want to go riding.
Could someone from the locals in SD show me where are the good trails?
That would be very nice!
by the way here is my homepage with some action from germany;)
www.gregor-voss.de
So we will see us in SD ?

ride on Gregor

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
Nice pics, we don't have much of that forest riding around here. We are pretty much riding in desert terrain. A few fun spots to hit up though, let us know when your ready to roll.

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
yes Iam living in this area for one year...like to juli!
i dont know when i have a bike!
iam looking all the day for bikes!
iam looking for bikes like: giant glory, IH sunday, SC V10, Intense M3 or some good stuff for dh...
yes I know that here isnt forest. but it would also be nice when you just could show me some jumps or some little downhills!
Just to go riding with someone! i think we can have a lot of fun!

and the pictures are just made with a normal canon ixus 4/5 cam!

go with a V10 or a M3, theyre very reliable bikes and get more travel than the Giants or Iron Horses. (but definitley come with a beefy price tag)

theres forest around here, but you just ahve to drive up into the mountains in North San Diego county (palomar mtn.)... the mountain is a little short on DH trails though- what i do is just find a good clean area, hop on the bike and weave in and out of the trees, occasionally launching off a rock... its good enough for SD woods riding.

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
do some of you guys know, where I can get a good downhill bike for around 3000$?...it can be used but in good condition!
thanks...I can wait for going riding with you guys in san diego...
I didnt ride since 3 month...thats very bad..my last race was in juli.

you can get a new Rocky Mountain RMX for exactly $3000 at Performance Bike Shop... theres many of those shops around SD

if you want a good used bike, look in the classifieds section of Ridemonkey- try to find someone close if you dont want to get caught up with shipping...
theres a V10 selling for something like $1700, plus MANY more

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
mhm..I dont want an RMX..
I looked in the classifieds and wrote messages to many sellers, but the most good bikes are sold...it has to be a bike from 06...(or 05)..
the bikeshops here are to expencive for me...like Sunday WC for 4500$:(
so when someone anyone who sells his good bike...please tell me.
I hope that I can get a bike in the next 3 weeks, so that we can go shredding around SD..
what is with DH-Races in this around...I only know from fontana, and big bear.
who from you guys is riding races? and when are races? I love to ride races;)

thanks..ride on

yeah, its pretty tough to find a good bike for cheap anywhere around here...
that sucks that everything is sold, i know exactly the stuck feeling when you have the money, but theres nothing to spend it on.

i hate to say it, but check Pinkbike.com- sometimes they have good deals from local. just go tot the buy/sell section and youll see a country select box- just go from there and narow it down to San Diego if you need to.

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
no it would be a demo 8 pro..
but isnt sure...perhaps i get something else...but only very good stuff;)..
i also cant wait to ride..
i didnt ride 3 month ago..
the last time i rode my old bighit was a race in the german-dh-cup.

do someone know, where I can get a troy lee razor carbon in size XL under 300$ ?

see ya on the trails!

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
I saw some good pictures from lovebunny...the trails are looking very very good..and the riders are very fast! good job guys!

can wait to ride the trails!
do you walk the trails up, or with the car?
when is the next race?

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
hey gregor-

i ride in poway all the time, i'd love to show you around the trails here.

as far as a bike goes, check out this amazing deal. brand new DH bike with high end spec for 2k. it's iron horse's value DH bike. in the new issue of decline they reviewed this bike and said it was amazing for a bike in this price range. they said that it would be a great DH bike at any price... and the guys from decline know how to ride. Plus it's a single pivot which means way less maintenance if you ride a lot.

So buy the bike and let's go ride. My shoulder is F***ed up from a crash last weekend, but i should be OK in a couple weeks. just resting and drinking lots of beer! check out the bike and let me know what you think. the next race will probably be in about of month. it just started raining so i'll be doing lots of trail work over the next few months:)

http://www.downcycles.com/store/2006-iron-horse-kumicho-type-p-417.html

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
hey gregor-

i ride in poway all the time, i'd love to show you around the trails here.

as far as a bike goes, check out this amazing deal. brand new DH bike with high end spec for 2k. it's iron horse's value DH bike. in the new issue of decline they reviewed this bike and said it was amazing for a bike in this price range. they said that it would be a great DH bike at any price... and the guys from decline know how to ride. Plus it's a single pivot which means way less maintenance if you ride a lot.

So buy the bike and let's go ride. My shoulder is F***ed up from a crash last weekend, but i should be OK in a couple weeks. just resting and drinking lots of beer! check out the bike and let me know what you think. the next race will probably be in about of month. it just started raining so i'll be doing lots of trail work over the next few months:)

http://www.downcycles.com/store/2006-iron-horse-kumicho-type-p-417.html

Hell yeah listen to Wikitypooshlag! haha he's my roommate!

Get the IRONHORSE SUNDAY!!! IT FUUUUCKING ROCKS!!! I love it, and for around socal you don't need more than 8 inches of travel. It rides a amazing and is worth every penny of it, especially at just under $2900!

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
Thanks for the deal, but I dont like the frame.
The sunday is really nice. On the sites are many nice deals, but many of the bikes are sold.
When you're going to build trails, I think that I could help you.
But its not easy for me to come many times because I come from Tijuana.
Would it be possible that anyone could pick me up from the boarder , when we are going to ride?

Ride on

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
Thanks for the deal, but I dont like the frame.
The sunday is really nice. On the sites are many nice deals, but many of the bikes are sold.
When you're going to build trails, I think that I could help you.
But its not easy for me to come many times because I come from Tijuana.
Would it be possible that anyone could pick me up from the boarder , when we are going to ride?

Ride on
Let me know when you get a bike and we will ride! I'll probably start building with the next big rain. Did that site have any Sundays in stock?

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
you can't really go wrong with a glory, sunday, m3 or v10. they are all very fast bikes. i would just go with whatever you can find the best deal on.

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
I dont know if I go there...on the pictures are many stairs and I dont like stairs;)
I will see when I have a bike.
But I want to ride the DH-race in Fontana

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
whats up guys?
I bought a IH Sunday WC today in ebay. NEW:).
Now I have to wait for the bike, in some days I am ready for the trails, and for the races:)
could anyone of you pick me up from the boarder when we will go riding?

thanks,
ride on gregor

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
when I got my bike.
I think the best time is on the weekends.
In the week, I could be in san diego around 4pm.
when do you go riding?
I usually ride weekends. I used to ride during the week a lot, but I've been a little too busy the last year or so. I haven't been riding in a couple weeks (injured shoulder), but I should able to ride in about 1 week... shoulder is feeling a lot better the last couple days. Post when you get your bike!