Quantcast

San Francisco Big Bike Street Ride Pics and Info

gideon

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
San Francisco
Hi Everyone,

I am not super active on this forum, and not sure if this is the right sub forum for this, maybe the Norcal one is better...

But been trying to rally troops for a regular big bike street ride thing on more local forums like http://www.msdhw.com/forum and http://ridesfo.net/forums

We used to do this all the time in NYC and generally set it up thru http://brooklynbikeriders.com/forum

I've been scouting hits since I moved here 5 months ago and always looking to add to the mental list of secret stashes

Well, Jason V ( http://ihatebikes.net ) and I finally went out for a bit last night and we took some pics (we both live in the city)
http://picasaweb.google.com/gideonkaplan/SFStreet

We personally were riding hard tail 26" 'park' style bikes, but anyone/type of bike is welcomed as long as ur willing to send it.

If u live close to SF and you're interested, shout out and/or pm me and I'll help to try and coordinate everyones schedules (also have a short list of riders who are committed to it like myself)

I'm ususally available weeknights after 6 or so and have found riding at night, much less of a bust = more fun

Peace,

Gideon

PS: A few good pics from Brooklyn and Manhattan Street rides (if I spent time have a whole bunch)

Rob

Chaloots (Charlie)

Me

mxsport41

Chimp
Apr 12, 2007
What's up guy's i am in the San Jose area AKA morgan hill let know when you guy's are riding i have been really wanting to ride SF. Sunday i am hitting up Calabazas BMX Park and maybe Palo Alto's Skatepark.

gideon

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
San Francisco
cool cool folks
i've ya wanna send me ur 411, will put ya on the sf street ride distro list...

cody, that's some older pics, i had a 24" revell then, now a 26", evolution of sorts

pbr

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
San Francisco
was up with ihatebikes it hasnt been updated in a minute???
I hate bikes has been going through a redesign. The plan is to upgrade the site to make it more along the lines of NSMB or Pinkbike, or RideMonkey, a full-blown webzine, but with a focus on Nor-Cal and the west coast scene..

Still looking for help with the development though. Need help tweaking some PHP files, if anyone is interested in helping.

Jason

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Ughhhhhh why couldn't this have been done during the summer...

I wanted desperately to ride embarcadero but I didn't know any rider folks in the area, and thusly, didn't bring my bike :(.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
DO IT.

NYC night rides are always a blast. Brooklyn Banks to all the downtown spots and then someone claims to know about some spot somewhere in the 50s, 15-20 bikes hauling ass updown to get to some dinky drop to flat or something, the ensuing beatdown of rider who dragged everyone up there, the ride back downtown, crossing Brooklyn Bridge after midnight, getting up for work the next day sore as hell.

One of the best days was sessioning that ghetto wallride in Red Hook on like a 95 degree day with you and Rob and Jay... Jay, where the hell has that kid been? I'm going to see him at party this weekend and give him hell for dropping off the face of the Internet. And the Earth.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
gideon is the person to bring people together. riders would depend on him to motivate them to go ride. "1 rider at a time" is what he always said

Jul 4, 2007
bay, killafornia
I hate bikes has been going through a redesign. The plan is to upgrade the site to make it more along the lines of NSMB or Pinkbike, or RideMonkey, a full-blown webzine, but with a focus on Nor-Cal and the west coast scene..

Still looking for help with the development though. Need help tweaking some PHP files, if anyone is interested in helping.

Jason
oo i see, well ive been missing it, love that site...me and some buddies saw you guys at carlmont a while back and im always checkin to see pics from that day. once you get it back up id like to know

gideon

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
San Francisco
what about next tue 7/11 at 730 at emabarcadero?

I edited those orig pics and put the rider's names there who also are on this board

Here's the redhook ride from aways ago
Fool(Andrew) saying no

Rob

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
DO IT.
......and then someone claims to know about some spot somewhere in the 50s, 15-20 bikes hauling ass updown to get to some dinky drop to flat or something, the ensuing beatdown of rider who dragged everyone up there.......
hey! say it to my face u punk! :ban:

nothing better then a late night street ride. always feels like a lil street bike gang when you're cruisin 10 deep, running red lights. yay!
gideon - nyc streets miss u! (no homo, of course, deadas deadas)

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
good times tonight,
thanks for everyone who came out
Brad, Greg, Roberto, Jason
next time lets make sure the cops are actually chasing us before we scatter...
Some pics
http://picasaweb.google.com/gideonkaplan/SFStreetBigBikeRide
Good times , good times ... Yea I didnt see a cop but when Jason's like he's still chaseing us I was outta there .
Had a pretty fun ride down market @ mach9 in the end !

Big props to Gideon for orginizing a S.F. ride !!!
Let's do this again :clapping:

gideon

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
San Francisco
thanks guys
i'm heading back to nyc (actually shipping bikes tmrw) but will be back beginning of oct and down to ride regularly during the weeknights
i need to work on manuals, opens up a lot more street trix

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I can make a ride if it's on the weekend and I get enough notice. But yea I'm all about an SF ride.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
whatup y'all
i am ready to start this up again
whos down? and when
maybe this holiday weekend?
I'm always down :clapping:

I roade the city last sunday and have found a new wall ride out in the Marina that I have become quite fond of , very fun!!

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
I wish Denver did this
I saw some other big bike riders in the city yesterday , I was pedaling down Embarcadaro to the clock tower when I saw 3 big bikes and a bmx racked up on the back of someone's truck sitting in traffic!

I had too much fun hanging out itn the VIP area's at the Audi , Porsche and VW booths at the auto show .
Even got a call from Nik at HPA motorsports wile at the VW booth , in the car world that = major steez!!