Quantcast

San Francisco Monkeys

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I Are Baboon said:
I just want to say that I've been there twice the last two years and I love it there. All I do is walk around, eat, and drink beer though.
That's pretty much what I have in mind.

I'll rephrase:
Where should I walk around, eat, and drink beer?

J

JRB

Look up dh girlie and joe poser.

Stoney can hook you up with all the hot chicks.

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
Get drunk with DHG and H8R and talk them into coming back to RM?
Dang it. I got beat. :(

H8R will be back. He just needed some drama.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Sorgie said:
My wife says this place is great.:drool:
http://www.thestinkingrose.com/
Of course you probably shouldn't go there if you plan on getting a date later.:D
I ate there and it's worth a try. It's a bit of a hectic tourist trap, but the food was good. You want to get a booth though because the main dining area is insanely crowded.

BTW RM, I took a day trip to wine country and loved it.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
It's all free time, and the sky is the limit for a good meal.

Definitely up for grabbing a beer. Haven't decided if I'm going to take my laptop with me yet (trying to leave work behind), so I should grab your number before I head out or something.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
oh, and rent a bike and pedal over the bridge into marin. nothing too challenging, but some nice scenery. if you get up to stinson beach (i think), there's a bit of singletrack nearby.

do a hike in muir woods too.

and bring back a mixed case of wine w/ you.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
oh, and rent a bike and pedal over the bridge into marin. nothing too challenging, but some nice scenery. if you get up to stinson beach (i think), there's a bit of singletrack nearby.

do a hike in muir woods too.

and bring back a mixed case of wine w/ you.
Is that named after John Muir?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'd make it a point to attend a SF Giants game. I see they're at home all next week. It's one of the nicer baseball stadiums I've been to, and I've been to a bunch. The view from up high on the 1st base side is beautiful.

Then again, if you don't like baseball you'd probably be wasting your money (Giants tix are not cheap).

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think next week is Gay Pride Week (no joke).

Is that why you are coming to town? (joke joke)

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I Are Baboon said:
I'd make it a point to attend a SF Giants game. I see they're at home all next week. It's one of the nicer baseball stadiums I've been to, and I've been to a bunch. The view from up high on the 1st base side is beautiful.

Then again, if you don't like baseball you'd probably be wasting your money (Giants tix are not cheap).
I thought about that actually. I'm not a big baseball fan...but this is freakin' Canada...I'm thinking it might be a little more fun watching in an American stadium...you know...where there are like "fans".

J

JRB

I really want to post something both socially and racially sensitive, but for once I am thinking better of it. :thumb:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I Are Baboon said:
I hear that Alcatraz tour is pretty cool, but I have not gone on it. I'm afraid they'll lock me up. :think:
I hit the Alcatraz tour last time I was there. It was kinda cool. I don't know that it is a must see, but it is alright.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Cha Cha Cha.

And that African place with the maragritas made out of that weird fruit. Damn it I can't remember it. My wife went on suggestion of someone here and LOVED it.

Rose's cafe is a cool little place with good food.

And we normally stay at the Nob Hill Lambourne.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ridemonkey said:
I thought about that actually. I'm not a big baseball fan...but this is freakin' Canada...I'm thinking it might be a little more fun watching in an American stadium...you know...where there are like "fans".
I believe the Giants have the 2nd highest % capacity attendance in MLB (only behind the Red Sox), so there is always a good crowd there. No doubt it's more fun to see a game when the stands are packed. I went to an Oakland game last year and the place was EMPTY.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I heard Wednesday is the plan. It has to be Zeitgeist for a starting point, but I do think we should at least bar crawl via the bike.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Yeah...as it turns out I've had plans made for me that I wasn't aware of, so I'm really only going to be in downtown SF Wednesday night...was hoping to be there longer, but them's the breaks.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I thought the Alcatraz tour was really cool,
mainly because it gives you the best view of the city.
I had a great trip there. All I did was walk around the fisherman's wharf eating chilli in sourdough breadbowls and eating their fresh huge azz fruit.
I got engaged to my wife there so maybe that is where all the good memories come from, but I really liked that town.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Jeremy R said:
I thought the Alcatraz tour was really cool,
mainly because it gives you the best view of the city.
I had a great trip there. All I did was walk around the fisherman's wharf eating chilli in sourdough breadbowls and eating their fresh huge azz fruit.
I got engaged to my wife there so maybe that is where all the good memories come from, but I really liked that town.
San Francisco clam chowder in a sourdough bowl... :drool: :drool: :drool: