Quantcast

San Juan Ride 10/12

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
I broke my cherry there today. Got the stink eye from a few of the spando types... they see you coming and tend to widen out, ride dead center with their elbows up. That's my cue to remove feet from pedals and swerve violently like I'm out of control... Conditions up there seemed damn near perfect. We took the long loop to the right; not DH friendly but figured it would be good for the health. Topped that with a little Telonics. Life is good.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
manwithgun said:
they see you coming and tend to widen out, ride dead center with their elbows up.
Yeah...some of these yolks always astound me! I rode it Sun and as I was coming down I could see one of these guys coming up, he gets to a switchback, I slow to a crawl to wait and see if he'll make the switchback..of course he doesn't and dismounts so I continue down..soon as he sees me, he hurriedly gets back on...like hey man I'm still coming up...sorry guy you had your chance now you'll have to wait for me...of course he doesnt and applies the above method, I don't even flinch and contiune on.:D

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Edgy said:
I rode it Sun and as I was coming down I could see one of these guys coming up, he gets to a switchback, I slow to a crawl to wait and see if he'll make the switchback..of course he doesn't and dismounts so I continue down..soon as he sees me, he hurriedly gets back on...like hey man I'm still coming up...sorry guy you had your chance now you'll have to wait for me...of course he doesnt and applies the above method, I don't even flinch and contiune on.:D
Which one of the many groups out there Sunday were you in?
Me and my band of fools were out there: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136191