Quantcast

San Juan - Sunday 1/7

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
headin out riding tomorrow Sunday (Jan 7) at San Juan Trail. meeting at the lower parking lot at 11am. if anyone's interested in heading out, drop me a line... or be on the lookout for a small, light silver-ish blue toyota pick up. I'll be there w/ David K.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
headin out riding tomorrow Sunday (Jan 7) at San Juan Trail. meeting at the lower parking lot at 11am. if anyone's interested in heading out, drop me a line... or be on the lookout for a small, light silver-ish blue toyota pick up. I'll be there w/ David K.
You guys plan on climbing or looking for a shuttle?

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
what typ of trail is it? i would like to go riding...but i have to come up from the boarder...how far away is it from there?
Closest thing to Noble Cyn I have ridden. Its right before Mission Viejo, I'm guessing you're about 80 miles away but what do I know...I've never been to TJ.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
we're gonna shuttle... i'm bringing my DH bike since i'd like some time to play around & test it. DK might be on his XC bike...not sure...might have his dh bike. he's said a friend of his is coming, but i'm thinking his friend will be on a xc bike. It's just gonna be a mellow ride... just goin out to have fun.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
what typ of trail is it? i would like to go riding...but i have to come up from the boarder...how far away is it from there?
it's a cool trail.. nothing gnarly... just super long. Starts up in the mtns w/in the trees, then drops down... there's a super long climb/walk (....most people walk) in the middle. it's a bit rocky up top, then turns into more DG in the mid/end..... tons of switchback turns in the middle.

i'm in Escondido... takes me about 40-45 min to get to Orgega Hwy....then another 20-ish min to get to the lower trailhead. The turn off to get to the trailhead is kinda sneaky if you've never been there...not hard, but you've still gotta watch out for it. there's probably directions here on the So cal board...or you can probably find them on SoCalMTB.com

ScarredOne

Monkey
Sep 18, 2001
your ride is sounding better and better, plus it's not at the butt crack of dawn! i may come down with my buddy to shuttle with ya guys. hopefully there will be enough vehicles.