Quantcast

san juan - wanna ride?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Where's everybody meeting at..those who are climbing up? Can you PM some details? or email works too... orven@lightfotpg.com
Everyone meets at the lower lot. Take the 74 (Ortega hwy) to Hot Springs Canyon Road (Look for signs for the Lazy W Ranch). You'll see a fire station at the start of the road.

It's maybe 1/2 to 3/4 a mile down the road - you'll see a parking area and probably plenty of bikers getting ready.

The climbers take off from there, the shuttlers get a ride to the top, but will end up there.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
bunch of goddamned shuttlers ruining the trails for everybody else with you 3.o gazzi's and 15 inches of travel. If you're not riding up it then you're ruining the trail and I will glare at you as I ride uphill. fukcers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really...don't let this get out on MTBR!
C'mon put on your lycra and ride with us...we'll wait up for you on the downhill. You can leave the bar ends on if you'd like.

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Everyone meets at the lower lot. Take the 74 (Ortega hwy) to Hot Springs Canyon Road (Look for signs for the Lazy W Ranch). You'll see a fire station at the start of the road.

It's maybe 1/2 to 3/4 a mile down the road - you'll see a parking area and probably plenty of bikers getting ready.

The climbers take off from there, the shuttlers get a ride to the top, but will end up there.
coo.. I remember now.
Haven;t been there in years.
If I change my mind going to SB, then SJ it is. If not all, I'm digging locally..

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
For anyone else trying to get there:

Take 5 Freeway to the Ortega Hwy exit and head east for 12.5miles to Hot Springs Canyon Rd. It is marked with a sign for the Lazy W Ranch (just before the San Juan Fire Station). Turn left. Follow this paved and dirt road until you will reach a large parking area in a shaded clearing – the Lower Parking Area. You will see signs that denote various trailheads, including the San Juan Trail (6W05)

Shuttlers:
Leave a second car at the Lower Parking Area, and drive up Ortega 9.4 miles past the Hot Springs canyon turn off to Long Canyon Road (6S05), on your left. A sign for Bluejay Campground will also be seen. Turn left on Long Canyon Road and follow this winding paved road for 2.5 miles. Just before you finally reach the campground is a small parking area. If lot is full there is additional parking along the side of the road, past the campground.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
how was it?
we did some trail work on the west side and got a bit of wet riding in.
Good and bad.

The trail was in great shape and cornering was a blast - I took some of that stuff faster than I ever have. Of course this means I did wash out on one super tight corner (WAYYYY to fast into it) and I had one other crash.

There had to be about 50 people out there. We had 3 shuttlers and 2 climbers, from cocktail rock down there were 2 groups of about 10 to 15, a smaller group of 5, and a bunch of people climbing up. Near the very end there were a bunch of guys running the trail. It was a VERY busy day at San Juan.

The only person that was not part of my group to show up was Homey... good to meet ya man!

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Good and bad.

The trail was in great shape and cornering was a blast - I took some of that stuff faster than I ever have. Of course this means I did wash out on one super tight corner (WAYYYY to fast into it) and I had one other crash.

There had to be about 50 people out there. We had 3 shuttlers and 2 climbers, from cocktail rock down there were 2 groups of about 10 to 15, a smaller group of 5, and a bunch of people climbing up. Near the very end there were a bunch of guys running the trail. It was a VERY busy day at San Juan.

The only person that was not part of my group to show up was Homey... good to meet ya man!
Mark and myself were there at 9: 40 am and waited till 11am. Did not see anyone so we left, rode Aliso.
Did we miss something????

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
Good and bad.

Nice meeting you guys too. Sorry to hold you back on the climbs though...I'm way out of shape! I did pass a large group of people on one of the climbs, but it was just because I was able to walk a little faster than them! :disgust1: Had a great time though!

Ride it

Chimp
Feb 14, 2007
Ventura
I am up for the drive, how is the ridding out that way? only ridden SB never been that far south to ride... Im headed up to pinos this saterday if any one wants to meet up??

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I am up for the drive, how is the ridding out that way? only ridden SB never been that far south to ride... Im headed up to pinos this saterday if any one wants to meet up??
Yo. I'm down to hook up to ride but not this weekend. I'm in the West LA area. Holler.