Quantcast

Sanchez is a Mountain Cur...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Heh, I just thought he was a mut...

Today I was out doing some trail running and I ran into a guy with two labs, and he was all like, "Wow, nice mountain cur" and I was all, "uh, thanks.."

So I get home and look up stuff on the net, and sure enough, sanchez is a cur after all. Wierd.

I also learned that 'Old Yeller' was actually written about a mountain cur, although a lab played him in the movie. Weird eh?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Cool. He looks a little like a fuzzy Ridgeback. How big is he?

He could just be a mutt that looks like a Mountain Cur :D We have a dog that's either a Carolina Dog, or a mutt doing a very good impression.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Silver said:
Cool. He looks a little like a fuzzy Ridgeback. How big is he?

He could just be a mutt that looks like a Mountain Cur :D We have a dog that's either a Carolina Dog, or a mutt doing a very good impression.
He weighs about 60lbs and is full grown. Doing some searches, alot of them have short hair, but some of them are dead ringers for the sanchenator. I always wondered about the spots on his tongue, thought he was part chow, but turns out thats a characteristics of the curs too. Even down to how he trees squirrels and lets out that single location bark as soon as he hits the tree. Wierd.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'm not sure but i think you probably just want to let your dog think it's a lab and not a cur..... i mean i really had no idea there was such a thing as a cur, but it might damage your pooches psyche.

J

JRB

I had a black mouth cur that was from the TX dept of corrections dogs. He was tattooed and registered, but was so inbred that he was terrified of everything. I tried him on cows and he sucked. He would literally see his own shadow and drop to the ground and tremble. His name was Beauregard. I gave him to a friend to try hunting hogs. He killed their training pigs and turned out to be their best dog.

Not as cool as Sanchez though.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
sweet!!! that is a cool find!!!

I had this one mut when I was a kid... that would always want to chase ducks and stuff... after he died I was at a retriever hunt test and there was a dog there that looked exactly like my dog, and I found out that my dog was a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever... its pretty cool to find that stuff out...

now Sanchez rocks more than EVAhh!!! ROCK ON SANCHEZ!!!