Quantcast

Santa Barabara,CA: 2nd NWD6 encore premier -all ages (x post from dh)

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
The premier original premier is at wildcat lounge on Saturaday is for 21+, however, there will be an encore premier for all ages.

Ed Brown, GM of Velo Pro bikeshop (http://www.velopro.com/news.php)
Late update!! there will be an "All Ages" encor presentation on Tues night Nov 8th at Skarkeez on State St. There will be no cover, no raffle, but Two for one Taco's, beer and drink specials for those over 21! Again this is a Free encor presentation for all ages. There will be DVD's to buy at $20.00 , that's 5 bucks off reg price. For more information call 805 963-7775
So for those that look to young to use a fake ID (like myself) or can't make the premier on Saturday, here is another chance.

IT STARTS @ 7:00 pm

-Patrick Branch

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I might be there as well. I think they have better TV's then the Wildcat does :)

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I don't know about wildcat, but sharkeez has a bunch of big tv's. They have tacos too. Some times they have a whole make-your-own bloody mary bar w/ everything/ anything you can think of. I only heard about, i missed it, I was at home doing homework.

Too bad there won't be a bloody mary bar tonight, but you can get bloody marys, theres are good!

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Tuedays is Taco Tuesday there, 2 taco's for $3 I think and 2 for 1's on the margirita's and such :)

If you're doing homework I think the taco's you can pass for, the margiritas I dunno about. But either way Sharkeez has more TV's as it's also a sports bar where the Wildcat has a few but not that many. The last NWD premiere there was chill, but if you wanted to watch the video you had to have good eyes or a seat at the bar.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
It was fun and a bunch of people came- the place was full. The movie was awsome- The filming and editing was so cool. This movie really shows people pushing the sport.

The food was really good. The crabcakes, taquitos, lime chicken, buritos. Sharkeez did a reallly good job with the food and everything.

The tvs are really cool. Big tvs- and many for each angle even. Next year it should happen here again!!

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
Definetely a chill premiere, tacos were good, really laid back. Always cool to have Carlin hanging out right there as well. I personally think he stood out really well in the video. He seems like the only guy other than maybe Cedric in the vid who wasn't hung up on doing half a$sed BMX tricks for his whole segment.

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
I wish I could have been there for the food. I checked out the movie though, and it was a bit lacking in every department. I'm disapointed. Even for a dedicated FR video it was bad.

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
mtnbrider said:
Are you joking, I thought it kiced a**: the music, filming,editing/format.
I thought it was one of the worst mtb flicks I have seen in a long time. The last one was way better...and that's not saying much. The music didn't flow with the riding, the whole theme was kind of lame and they didn't get as in depth with it as with the older movies, and they used Jane's Addiction for fukks sake:nope: . It was good for a few unintentional laughs, however.

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
mtnbrider said:
Are you joking, I thought it kiced a**: the music, filming,editing/format.
Oh baby! I forgot how much I love TREMENDOUS bar humps and HUMUNGOUS s l ow m o t i o n dead sailors set without any sequencing or tast to Megadeath (nothing against megadeath, in fact the band should be ashamed they were featured in that movie).

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That is true- a lot of s l o w m o t i o n stuff. I am just not very critical. haha. In the dh, did you see the earthed 3 preview, you can actually tell they are going fast. In one berm angle in 4x, you can see them slingshot out of the berm. Not many movies show that speed (well not many i've seen).

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
SBDHrida said:
Oh baby! I forgot how much I love TREMENDOUS bar humps and HUMUNGOUS s l ow m o t i o n dead sailors set without any sequencing or tast to Megadeath (nothing against megadeath, in fact the band should be ashamed they were featured in that movie).
ahahahahahahahah

Tunnel was sweet today...Too bad you couldn't ride.