Quantcast

Santa Barbara Area Peeps

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Hey, I'm trying to find a BMX track to ride and I've heard about the one at Ellings Park. I'll be on a mountain bike. Is is friendly? Are there "open" hours to ride it?

Basically, what's the deal w/ it and is it fun?

Thanks

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Wednesday 6-8pm are open hours for anyone. Each time I have been out (on a 26") there were a couple others, and no one seems to mind. Friday is race night, so I wouldn't go then.

Its definitely fun, and itll teach you a lesson really fast on how much slower a mtb is vs the 20" kids on that type of terrain. I like to go and practice pumping and trying to flow the rhythm.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Sweet, thanks. I plan on going on my Nemesis 24" (a BMX-MTB mix) when I get it so I think I'll have fun.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
I not sure, but because they are re re-doing the BMX course on the south side, i think its always open for any use, that is unless there is races or something going. (the bottom half of the DH course is going to be the new BMX course)

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I rode it the morning before the race....I got my ass kicked. A few sprints around that thing will wear you out. I start to loose momentum just after halfway through. Maybe, if I can learn to do it okay, I can get faster in general...

Why are they moving it? It's already built. What is going to be the lower DH course, the bmx track? Hopefully it won't be a typical flat track if it will be used for DH...