Quantcast

Santa Barbara(or anywhere close) where to ride?

stinky805

Chimp
May 9, 2006
Where are some trails to ride? Im new to MBing so be nice. Anything with gaps, drops, and jumps would be nice.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
That sounds like freeriding. Its been banned under Santa Barbara County ordinance pb14yokid, and is punishable by hucks to flat.

Gaps, drops and jumps you'll find lacking here. Rocks, angry hikers and cliffs are what you'll find more of.

stinky805

Chimp
May 9, 2006
Dang it. Thanks for the info. Looks like the skate park, schools, and parking lots are my only hope.

NOOBTASTIC

Chimp
May 10, 2006
santa barbara
there are the dirt jumps over by elwood in goleta and there is a 15 foot drop on the way that puts you right on the beach. there is also a 30 river gap, but the ramp needs work. i love the dirt jumps though. its a nice spot.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Zark said:
That sounds like freeriding. Its been banned under Santa Barbara County ordinance pb14yokid, and is punishable by hucks to flat.

Gaps, drops and jumps you'll find lacking here. Rocks, angry hikers and cliffs are what you'll find more of.
:rofl:

old ol

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
Yea that river gap looks sooooo sick. We had to wait for the water levels to die down a bit....there working on a dam.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
we got jumps and a few hucks out at elwood, that all you'll get out of me

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
I just did the beach drop for the first time the other day. Definitely tough working up the guts. But once I hit it, there was nothing to worry about. Landing is super smooth and it has a great run-out.

NOOBTASTIC

Chimp
May 10, 2006
santa barbara
i went to that drop today and chickened out again. but rightnext to it on the right, a couple of us made the sickest little drop to work up your nerves for the biggun. we each did it twice and it is super smooth. would have done it alot more but it was 8pm by the time we finished grooming. have fun with that one.