Quantcast

Santa Barbara trails?

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
How many people have riden cold springs, san ysidro, or tunnel trail in santa barbara just curiouse as to what you guy think about them and what you guys would compare them to. :think:

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Been there once about three weeks ago. Coldsprings made me so giddy I felt like a little girl. IMO, it's a sicker trail than tunnels because it has higher speeds and more flow.

DH SB RIDER

Monkey
Aug 31, 2005
Santa Barbara
ya i really like santa barb trail......its good that im sooo much better then my slightly retarded friend zac but all and all i love the trails ASK HIM TELL HIM ASK HIM - the goast

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
DH SB RIDER said:
ya i really like santa barb trail......its good that im sooo much better then my slightly retarded friend zac but all and all i love the trails ASK HIM TELL HIM ASK HIM - the goast
Oliver, you idiot, go check out pinkbike.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Yessir, good trails here for sure. But remember everybody they are multi-use and respect the other users ;) That means bells guys, every time.

Comparisons? To what? Northstar has harder sections, looser soils and more trees. But S.B. frontside trails are longer and 20minutes of pummeling rocks gives almost anybody a little arm pump. I haven't ridden many trails that are like SB, pretty unique.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I love the trails in SB; I try to get up there at least once a month to ride. I have done all of the trails, Tunnel, Cold Springs, and San Ysidro. Tunnel used to be my favorite, but I have been really hooked on Cold Springs. It seems to flow a lot better and you can really hit it with a lot of speed.

Just don't forget your bell, and try to get out early in the morning and remember to be nice as possible to the hikers.

Here's a nice picture of one of my friends pinning a rock section with me in tow...

Attachments

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Its 3.6 miles. It needs a lot of work to be any fun. It got sanitized big time. Its fun, but used to be a lot better

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
you have to hit it a couple of times in order for it to be worth wild it is really short tite and washed out switch backs at the end

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
probably jesasita but you have to hike up you have to head up gibralter to get anything good though and that is closer to cieto

xdbpxd

Chimp
Apr 19, 2005
chico
SB trails are world class... it is hard to beat them. Tunnel and Cold Springs are great. Very technical sections on both trails... if u can survive all those trails you can ride jsut about anything around.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
zmtber said:
probably jesasita but you have to hike up you have to head up gibralter to get anything good though and that is closer to cieto
Jesusita is probably the easiest to get to from anywhere as you can get dropped off at the gate up on Tunnel road and just hike to inspiration point and ride down. I've ridden that trail for the last decade and it's always fun. Never gets boring.

But any of the DH trails (tunnel/cold springs/san ysidro) are a shuttle ride up and a shuttle ride home (or the nearest burrito stand). I once rode back from Cold Springs to my house on upper state street. It took me a hell of a long time with full gear and such. It wasn't worth it. LOL

But our trails are like nothing you'll see anywhere in videos and such. It's a semi-slow pace, with spots to really catch some speed but with the know of people comming up trails you just use common sense to go slow. I ride like grandma anyways so I'm in no speed worries. Most of the time if you are really going fast you'll probably get hurt or killed as the trails can get dangerous, especially if you're trying to brake, concentrate on going stright, bouncing around etc.... I get faster each time I ride because I know I can ride more than I was walking stuff as it really is rocky. I love it though, if you want more flow San Ysidro is it, but cold springs and tunnel are pretty close for the rock factor.

I like the trails. Considering how many people travel to SB just to ride the trails has to say something. I hope though that everyone that goes wears a bell or 2 and is polite to other trail users and such. It's not hard to say hi to a family hiking, or a single hiker. Just saying Hi and if need be have a good day makes a huge difference in the end with MTB'ers and other trail users. Out of everyone I've ran into most kids are excited to see you so why not say hi, people have been really great, and the exception of a few bad apples it's been excellent riding here. There's bad apples in all groups so you gotta weed them out but litterly I'm lucky at the times I ride a year if I meet 1-3 bad apples. Usually old basturds! :mumble:

But wear bells, be nice (as nice as you can be) so the trails stay open, and things will open up eventually. If not we loose everything that not only we enjoy, but it's something that everyone enjoys.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
guys remebeber don't thrash the trail they are used by hikers so when you see them stop and get of and walk ujntil they passed we don't want to be kicked off the mountians