Quantcast

Santa Barbara

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Are you talking about those kids that posted all those threads in dh. (zmtber and SB DH RIDER). I know them. I can't stand them. They seem to be more interested in having a bike with high end parts like chris king hubs than progressing their riding or even be enthusiastic about riding.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
ur mad at kids for asking about bikes??

nvm i just read some of there posts im all with u there annoying as crap.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
LOL I thought someone might have had a question about Santa Barbara, guess it's more of a complaint :)

I agree.......these newbies asking so many pinkbike worthy questions AND praising Cortina cycles as like gods end to frame builders gets annoying. It's like the opposite of Brian HCM with his "should have bought Hope brakes", now it's like "shoulda bought a Cortina". I know it's a joke on Brian's half but I don't think it's such a joke comming from these kids.

The DH board is filled with all these stupid posts about what pedals, what frame, what fork, best fork for...., best pedals for......, best BB, best cranks, it's like jesus christ use the search function!

I'm ranting......it's cool some groms are on here and have questions and such, I just wish they'd not ask and flood the fourms with so many that have been answered before.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Its not the fact that the questions are bad, but one of the kids was asking is Chris King hubs were good enough AFTER he bought them. And another one of them had a 3 page about hubs and a fork, and after the solved the hub problem, someone would give information about a fork, and he would KEEP ASKING! It's annoying!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
My Iron horse 7.3 thread isn't bad. Its a dh forum, and I am just trying to get some help with a bike before I buy buy it. I wanted to make sure the parts I am putting on it are compatible and right for the bike. Its one thread, not 15 threads that are full of s**t.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
priceseliger14 said:
Cool, I went to boarding school in NH for a while, now I am in CT in Avon at boarding school
nice, if youre ever up in mass just give me a holler and maybe we can meet up for a ride or something.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
mtnbrider said:
My Iron horse 7.3 thread isn't bad. Its a dh forum, and I am just trying to get some help with a bike before I buy buy it. I wanted to make sure the parts I am putting on it are compatible and right for the bike. Its one thread, not 15 threads that are full of s**t.
Your supposed to be buying Zark's SGS. Don't be cheating on your new frame like that.

:stosh: to this thread.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
hey man im from Santa Barbara and i havn't said anything and if you listen to the facts those kids give you you might find the answer you are looking for they don't ride a lot but they definitly know thier parts better then anyone

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
dude im form santa barbara and i know those kids they don't ride alot but they know a lot about bikes if you pay atention to thierinfo it might help they know the parts

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Someone send punctuation to Santa Barbara now! This is an emergency situation. Please, if you have any to spare, they need it more than you do.

Here's all I can give right now: ..,...,.,......,.,.,.... . . .,.,., . ,. , ; : : ; ., . ., ,... ,,.,,..,,..,, , ,.., ., ,.,,.,,,,,.....

I've got the save the rest for personal use. I hope you understand.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
ohio said:
Someone send punctuation to Santa Barbara now! This is an emergency situation. Please, if you have any to spare, they need it more than you do.

Here's all I can give right now: ..,...,.,......,.,.,.... . . .,.,., . ,. , ; : : ; ., . ., ,... ,,.,,..,,..,, , ,.., ., ,.,,.,,,,,.....

How thoughtful of you :thumb:

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Somebody post pics of these eDummies. That way when they come into my shop after junior high lets out for the day, I can point and laugh at their braces and lack of bike knowledge.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
ohio said:

I sent all mine to New Orleans. Damn.

On a sliding scale, Mack and The Montashu have now both become entirely tolerable. Truly frightening.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I saw this thread title and I was thinking "Ohh, I'm going to ride in S.B." Not e-bitching about the grommet infestation. Just take comfort that school is starting very soon ;)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Adam Novatt said:
hey man im from Santa Barbara and i havn't said anything and if you listen to the facts those kids give you you might find the answer you are looking for they don't ride a lot but they definitly know thier parts better then anyone
Uhhhh... what can they really know about their parts if they don't ride them?

"Well, I can tell you all about this fork. Length, oil level, how to assemble and disassemble it, but I have no idea how it feels on the trail!"

Yeah, that's the guy I am going to for info. :rolleyes:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I can donate some to Santa Barbara.
: .............................................................................?????????????????????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,''""""""""""'';;;;;;;;;;;;;
Hope it helps.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
spelling and grammer needs to be further educated in Santa Barbara is what i've gathered from the combined posts of adam, SBDH, and zmetber

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
priceseliger14 said:
Its not the fact that the questions are bad, but one of the kids was asking is Chris King hubs were good enough AFTER he bought them. And another one of them had a 3 page about hubs and a fork, and after the solved the hub problem, someone would give information about a fork, and he would KEEP ASKING! It's annoying!
yeah that sounds great it is so funny how you guys have a thread about us, i guess we are just that cool, hey and you were giving us a hard time about coming up with a stupid thread doesn't this count as one, o well keep it up i like being the center of attention, or you can just leave us alone how does that sound and if you ask nicley we will just listen and stop getting on you "nerves" :p

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Zark said:
I saw this thread title and I was thinking "Ohh, I'm going to ride in S.B." Not e-bitching about the grommet infestation. Just take comfort that school is starting very soon ;)
Yeah man, that's what I was thinking--some Tunnel and CS runs! I was really disappointed when I opened it up. He needs to change the title of the thread to :nopity: ;)

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
zmtber said:
yeah that sounds great it is so funny how you guys have a thread about us, i guess we are just that cool, hey and you were giving us a hard time about coming up with a stupid thread doesn't this count as one, o well keep it up i like being the center of attention, or you can just leave us alone how does that sound and if you ask nicley we will just listen and stop getting on you "nerves" :p
If you stop making stupid threads I will leave you alone. I still think this forum would be a whole lot nicer without you and your buddy though...

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Thank god for school starting back up, maybe these newbies will have some homework to do or something more creative then ask how many pins are on a pedal.

Do they make schools that go into the night hours? I think there's finally a need for 24hr long school.....