Quantcast

Santa Cruz Chameleon Dj?

cowboy-jeff

Chimp
Apr 19, 2005
Basel Switzerland
I got alot of spare parts laying around and was thinking of building up a Dirt jump bike. What do you all think of the Santa Cruz Chameleon for a dirt jumper. I already own a Kona Roast so I was thinking of making the SC much lighter than the Kona because I'm really feeling the weight at 40 years old. Plus it looks pretty cool too. I'd appreciate any feed-back you can give me. Thanks.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Everyone around here rides em' as DJ bikes, they hold up more than fine. Then again, I live in santa cruz

Tyman

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
Alberta, Canada
the jackal is supposed to be the dj frame now but i dont like it and i think that chamelon will work really well too... they are really nice frames!!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
The only thing about the Chameleon is that the front end is slightly longer than most DJ bikes. If this suits you, great, I'm sure it suits a lot of people. Just something to be aware of.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
cowboy-jeff said:
I got alot of spare parts laying around and was thinking of building up a Dirt jump bike. What do you all think of the Santa Cruz Chameleon for a dirt jumper. I already own a Kona Roast so I was thinking of making the SC much lighter than the Kona because I'm really feeling the weight at 40 years old. Plus it looks pretty cool too. I'd appreciate any feed-back you can give me. Thanks.
It's a great frame! In addition, the Jackal is a really nice frame from Santa Cruz...

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Here's a couple of me jumping my old chameleon. Pics are a couple of years old. I really liked that frame, it made an excellent jumper.

coming out of an x-up

l'il gap