Quantcast

Santa Cruz Driver 8

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Named after the dog that came with I forget who on the bontrager team back in like 1996? It was a German shepherd I think

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Named after the dog that came with I forget who on the bontrager team back in like 1996? It was a German shepherd I think
Close enough. Driver 8 was a big ol' husky owned by one of the former Bontrager guys who moved to SCB. He was kinda sorta a company mascot until he passed on not too long ago.

DIRT-HQ

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
Wales

Ha, that image was scanned from Dirt not Decline as previously stated.

We've got a load more that we'll tease out soon;-)

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
HA! LOL @ E-spec...BTW, i think the bike looks friggin' sick!:clapping:

here's what i said in the other driver 8 thread:

"i took a few laps with the engineers, testing the prototypes in whistler, back in september and grilled them about the bike.

the intent of the bike is supposed to be the ultimate park bike, meant for thrashing whistler all day, all week, all summer long.

where the V10 is meant to be an ultra-light world cup race machine, the driver 8 is meant to take more long term bike park abuse with less maintenance (8 bearings and grease ports in lower link). the driver 8 supposedly jumps better, with less sag, it's snappier and more nimble...less of a "plow bike".

i dunno, with more and more lift access bike parks popping up, this bike makes a lot of sense to me.

it looks great. i want one."

plus, the driver 8 can run a longer seatpost...great for those of us that pedal across town after a DH run.