Quantcast

Santa Cruz - Early morning DH ride edition...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Anyone want to start weekly DH runs? If we get enough people in we can start shuttling, as of right now we can park at the bottom and hike up.

Ride Details:

-Meet at 6:50am and start hiking up by 7
-Whatever day people want to get together and ride (Monday-Friday)
-The hike up takes about 30 minutes
-The ride down is awesome

Who is in?

:monkeydance:

Same trails and stuff (for the most part) and this isn't me.

Last edited:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Great ride this am Nate. Even with ALL of your mechanical issues. The no rear brake one was the scariest though. I started hiking up thinking something went wrong. Glad you didn't stack too hard.

I might be able to ride this Saturday. I will keep you guys posted. Not sure if the girl is working or not yet.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Well, I'll be out there on Saturday morning for sure.

Hopefully with a nice cheap-crash-replacement-policy THE Industries helmet. They knocked off over 1/2 the average retail price for me for a new one. :D

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'm considering doing a double looper on the big bike. Looks like the more cush I can get under me the better considering my messed up neck and back.

Plus, my new helmet should be here and I want to break it in proper... by some fun, flowy stuff at You-See.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I'm considering doing a double looper on the big bike. Looks like the more cush I can get under me the better considering my messed up neck and back.

Plus, my new helmet should be here and I want to break it in proper... by some fun, flowy stuff at You-See.
Ha, I don't know how I would hold up riding up on my Primer... I guess I could try it... :twitch:

Todd, how do you feel about this?

Last edited:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Well, let's see. I'd like to meet up around 8:30am. It won't be too cold, but won't be too warm as this freaky weather were having is either too hot, or too cold.

I plan to bring the big bike out, unless my neck and back are bothering me. Then you might see me flake out on Manly Big Bike Saturday Madness, and bring the 5" bike. I'm hoping my neck will be at least 75-80% by Saturday.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Dude what happened to the job? Anything else in the works employment wise? Super weak.

Get a rear brake. =]

I understand if you cant though.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Poh... it appalls me that you ride at JM all the time and have never made it out to UCSC. I know JM is close to you, so it's easy, and it can be fun at times. But seriously... as far as the best network of trails in the entire bay area goes... UCSC takes the cake.

You MUST make it out to UC sometime!!!! :)

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
Poh... it appalls me that you ride at JM all the time and have never made it out to UCSC. I know JM is close to you, so it's easy, and it can be fun at times. But seriously... as far as the best network of trails in the entire bay area goes... UCSC takes the cake.

You MUST make it out to UC sometime!!!! :)
Yea dude... i hear ya... Possibly next week maybe depending on anyone else who might be interested in the east bay... we'll see... XD