Quantcast

Santa Cruz, Friday-Sunday?

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
I have to work so if you are down to ride at 7:30 in the morning than cool. otherwise i get off work at 5:00 on Sunday so I could ride then too. I work at the bike shop santa cruz on mission st, the one with all the cruisers outside. so if you want to ride stop in there and ask for Erik.

Raacerx

Monkey
bikeninja said:
I have to work so if you are down to ride at 7:30 in the morning than cool. otherwise i get off work at 5:00 on Sunday so I could ride then too. I work at the bike shop santa cruz on mission st, the one with all the cruisers outside. so if you want to ride stop in there and ask for Erik.
Ill be out there sunday working on another gap. otherwise Im out there pretty much every day riding or working. ah the life of a college student...

PS. That new drop off of Campers sucks ballz. The ****ing run in is super steep and the landing is at less of an angle. In the pic the landing looks nice, but thats actually vertical and the actual landing is about 5-6 feet farther down.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Raacerx said:
That new drop off of Campers sucks ballz. The ****ing run in is super steep and the landing is at less of an angle. In the pic the landing looks nice, but thats actually vertical and the actual landing is about 5-6 feet farther down.
HAHHAHAHAHAHAH! That drop DOES suck. The last time I went off it, I didn't look at the landing until I was already commited, and there was this big pile of loose sticks somebody put in the tranny. A split second descision later, I hucked as big as I could and ended up with my front wheel over the pile whilst my rear/bashguard took the full brunt of the stick's wrath. OH yeah, my balls took the full wrath of the toptube as well. Hoofa, I hate that little drop.

goin' medium

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Newark, CA
I hit that drop for the first time a few weeks ago without checking the landing. Luckily no sticks, but I did go a bit bigger than I expected. Bounced a bit on the landing, but was able to keep it together. Much fun. Now I just need to hit the OTHER DROP :eek:

Sorry out of town for the next 2 weeks. May be down on the 24th (2 weeks notice is standard right). If all goes well I'll see how the big drop looks.

Scott

snutty

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
Oakland in da house
Raacerx said:
Anyone riding down here on friday, sat or sun? Im gonna be out there and I wouldnt mind meeting up with some people. ill be on my polished foes.

hey max, my friend and i are probally gona be comming down sunday...so ill give you a call on saturday

Raacerx

Monkey
snutty said:
hey max, my friend and i are probally gona be comming down sunday...so ill give you a call on saturday
All I can say is, I hope atleast a couple other guys were out there riding in the rain on Sunday. Conditions were absolutely AMAZING! No mud at all, I didnt even use goggles just a fender. Tires stuck like freakin glue! Dead Campers and Airborne had nutty traction and there was no one out there. Had a great time. We did about 5-6 shuttle runs on Saturday as well. Ive got to ride Sick & Twisted and all those trails more.

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
i did magic carpet and there were pudals on it, it was raining at the time but it was still nice

what trail is airborne i have never heard of it, is it off of dead campers or is it something else, i might just know it as different name

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Raacerx said:
All I can say is, I hope atleast a couple other guys were out there riding in the rain on Sunday. Conditions were absolutely AMAZING! No mud at all, I didnt even use goggles just a fender. Tires stuck like freakin glue! Dead Campers and Airborne had nutty traction and there was no one out there. Had a great time. We did about 5-6 shuttle runs on Saturday as well. Ive got to ride Sick & Twisted and all those trails more.
I got suspended from work so I'll be out there on wednesday and Thursday. Let's do this!!!!

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
IronJim said:
i know it is not really my business, but what did you do
When El Chimichanga's boss found the original of the SCORBA national race flyer in the copy machine nad his boss sked him about it, El Chimichanga replied with menace in his eyes and death in his tone,
"Well, I got to tell ya...I'd be very, very careful who I talked to about this. Because the person who wrote that...is dangerous. And this button-down oxford cloth psycho, might just snap at any moment, stalking from office to office with an Armatile AR-10 Carbine-Gas semiautomatic weapon, bitterly pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers. Might be someone you've known for years...someone very, very close to you."

Yep, that got him suspended for two days.

Yo Max, I got work off tomorrow. I'll give you a call but i want to see that new gap you built, maybe hit the one that's on campers too.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
IronJim said:
i know it is not really my business, but what did you do

i will try to get up there so we can ride
It's not half as cool as bikeninja made it out to be...
I forgot to fill in my timecard last tuesday, and this is the 4th time in 3 months. That means the next time I forget, they may make an exmple out of me and I get fired.

I wish it was something like, "I got really drunk and stormed in on the management during thier breakfast meeting. After all was said and done, I urinated in the coffee and fell asleep in my own puke next to a plate of danishes."

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
hey max the drop you built is sweet

my friend and i did it today and we are also planin on going up there and cuting that one tree down, that fell across the trail

Raacerx

Monkey
What tree? You mean the bigass one across Dead Campers that I cleared all by myself in the pouring rain with a 10" Japanese back saw? Oh yeah, that tree. You can all thank me later...

PS. [This is not geared towards anyone specifically] If you guys see sticks across a jump or a drop, then dont ****ing remove them. They are there for a reason. They are not there to stop you from having fun, they are there to stop you from hurting yourself.