Quantcast

Santa cruz mtb comp this weekend whos going

chipper

Chimp
Oct 18, 2007
sac town
i am looking for people who are going down for the event on saturday. trying to find someone to ride with or to ride with me to split the cost of gas. i plan on hitting up the park and trails

chipper

Chimp
Oct 18, 2007
sac town
it is at the park near the pier. the mtb comp is on saturday and i and at least a few of us are hitting up the trails afterwards hopefully it will turn into a good jam session

chipper

Chimp
Oct 18, 2007
sac town
the mtb comp was really good. had a fun time even though i had to hold back so i dont get hurt but the session was super good. hopefully someone will know where i can find pics from the comp

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
the mtb comp was really good. had a fun time even though i had to hold back so i dont get hurt but the session was super good. hopefully someone will know where i can find pics from the comp
Comp was cool, except the judges were retarded. for example, they mistaked a 3 whip on a straight box jump for a "360 over a hip" You cant even 360 on a hip! (only 270 or 450) WTF:disgust1: And I still can't believe Ari, Who did the most tricks out of anyone(including a flair and a completely inverted footplant at the top of the wall) got 5th. I thought Cam was supposed to be judging! :huh: Riding at the post office afterwards was fun though.

chipper

Chimp
Oct 18, 2007
sac town
but in the jam session all ari did was flairs which is sick but i was surprised he even made the final just cause he did not utilize the course. he had so much other stuff he could have done in the final and if put together could have won it. i think the post office jumps are really lame. the new section is fun but the roll in killed the flow to the other sets and it is all loose and sketchy rolling down it. there are way better dirt jumps out there.