Quantcast

Santa Cruz Nomad VPP?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I like it for the shear fact that it is "different" Flowing tubes add a little characture.

Would I own one? Eh, probably not, but that is because I am a cheap SOB.

The Nomad huh? Not the transiant or the Gypsie?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i really do not like this curvy, shapely TT design scheme they have going on. ugh. the Jackal, new V10, this thing....bleh. might be a great riding bike, but who's gonna ride a bike they think is ugly...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Trail bikes are geting more and more suspension travel every year. Not that I think its a bad thing. I'd love to have that bike, it'd be great to have a good light XC feeling bike that you could pedal off a 6' drop if you felt like it. Still, cant justify selling the 02 AC air for it.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
the Inbred said:
i really do not like this curvy, shapely TT design scheme they have going on. ugh. the Jackal, new V10, this thing....bleh. might be a great riding bike, but who's gonna ride a bike they think is ugly...
The jackal? What in tarnation is the jackal...they used to make a bmx bike called a jackal but that hasn't been around in forever.`

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
dh girlie said:
Did they honestly think that some of us would not remember the actual jackal??? Do they think turnover in the biking world is that fast??? holy crap...whatever, Santa Cruz...
Smoke enough weed and you'll forget everything eventually.

What was the question again?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
SkaredShtles said:
<raises hand>

I don't really care what a bike *looks* like..... :rolleyes:

-S.S.-
Who cares what the bike looks like, I'm worried about what my nuts would look like after I slammed them into that bulbous and fugly toptube. There is just no need for that kind of crap in that design. And if you don't think esthetics play a major role in the design of a bicycle than you are out of your mind.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
At least it looks as though the suspension will work good, the large-volume AVA RP3 shock with apparently a nice low leverage ratio should feel very nice. Still ugly as all hell though. And yes that does matter to MOST people. Sorry if I'm not punk enough to not give a crap :rolleyes:

Justintime

Chimp
Nov 20, 2004
Santa Cruz
Why someone would complain about a 6.5" all-mountain vpp bike with formed tubing is beyond me. I have a feeling that you guys will be paying your respects the minute you see it on the trail...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
S.S.- Cheap is always nice if the quality is there to back it up.

Justintime- My only complaint is that the TT protrudes a few inches higher than it needs to in a very critical area. It just doesn't make sense with a bike like this that is invariably going to have a tallish standover height due to the large amount of travel and the BB height that has to go with that.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
SkaredShtles said:
<raises hand>

-S.S.-
congrats. your world is bigger than mine.

unless the shape increases the strength dramatically, or creates some other wonderful result, my 6" bike would still be a 6 Pack (suspension and $$ arguments aside).

disclaimer - i am a big fan of simplicity.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
If I am not mistaken, but they have changed the look of the V-10. I am not sure about the aesthetics, but I like the current look.

That picture looked like an unfinished frame. They could make some changes depending on feedback. On that note, that frame is fugly.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
It's basically the VPP version of the Heckler, no? Travel's a bit longer, probably so you can run the larger amount of sag that VPP needs.

Not a huge suprise...even the looks. All the new bikes look like that. looks like they'll have XC, trail, and DH bikes in VPP now, maybe keeping the single pivots on as a lower-cost line for a few more years.

MD

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
the Inbred said:
bleh. might be a great riding bike, but who's gonna ride a bike they think is ugly...
Me i think my Enduro is a horrid boxxy looking nightmare, but i love riding it. i actually think that SC frame isn't that bad looking myself.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Reminds me of the annoying/needlessly tall top tube of the KHS Dominatrax

I actually like the change from the norm on the SC Nomad. The KHS was just stupid tall for standover.

I am sensitive to the standover issue....short arse legs and all. :)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Skookum said:
Me i think my Enduro is a horrid boxxy looking nightmare, but i love riding it. i actually think that SC frame isn't that bad looking myself.
DO you have an Enduro like this?

If so I think that is one of the sexiest bikes on the market. It has great standover clearance and nice swoopy lines. I know that a lighter frame can be made without the monocoque front end but if you are going to compromise a little for looks at least make it totally functional too.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
punkassean said:
DO you have an Enduro like this?

If so I think that is one of the sexiest bikes on the market. It has great standover clearance and nice swoopy lines. I know that a lighter frame can be made without the monocoque front end but if you are going to compromise a little for looks at least make it totally functional too.
Get off the sauce. ;) :monkey:

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
<raises hand>

-S.S.-
Judging by your haircut, I would be inclined to think this is true. :think: