Quantcast

Santa Cruz - Orange

wooley_89

Chimp
Feb 17, 2005
hey fellas,

im from australia and have a Giant DH comp, with 2005 Shivers, the WHOLE bike is pretty muchblack except for the odd grey component, i want to make it 'different' from everybody elses and get it powdercoated that santa cruz orange colour.

like this:
Orange Santa Cruz Bullit

i have to use dulux's colour charts as this is what most powdercoaters in australia use.

then it would look something like this:
Orange Diamond Back Dually

the last picture isnt too good sorry. do you think those colours are almost exactly the same?

does any one here know the exact colour code of the Santa Cruz orange?

any help would be great, especially you just comparing the colours, and telling me what you think

thanks guys,

Wooley

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
They're similar, but i agree with you that the santa cruz colors would be preferable. It's a little darker and seems to have more depth to the color Try contacting santa cruz directly. They should be able to give you all the color info, unless they want to keep it a secret for some odd reason.

wooley_89

Chimp
Feb 17, 2005
i think santa cruz do want to keep it a secret as they havent replied to my emails, lol.

thanks guys, i think there pretty similar too.

wooley_89

Chimp
Feb 17, 2005
im sure they could, lol.

"do you know what this colour is?" :)

"its orange, now you want it f*cking powdercoated or not!?!?" :mumble:

haha

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
Maybe like a darker spookier orange w/ gold flake in there ? And lots of black and silver too.

:thumb:

MTNPSYCHO

Chimp
Apr 22, 2002
Peabody, Mass
Be carefull with chosing the color, I agree it would be good to get an exact number.....a buddy of mine just had his harley painted with "house of color" paint, and did it a funky orange, and it didnt come out like he expected(although its still cool)...its a little bit pinkish, which is definitely not what he wanted.....orange is a tough color, hard to get it right...the color Turner used for the Maxxis bikes this year was incredible too, maybe talk to them if Santa Cruz doesnt help you out....why not have them paint your shiver legs while you are at it??....

wooley_89

Chimp
Feb 17, 2005
yer i know, its powdercaot, and dulux colours rarely differ from batch to batch, EXTREMELY RARELY i should say.

ive already made up custom stickers for the frame, and for the forks, it goes against marzocchi but im having big orange M's on the guards, lol.

its powdercoating, not painting also, lol. so yer it will be more exact than mixing up paint.

i have included the new stickers that im having done for the frame, they will be made using grey, white and black vinyl. im getting them done for free through a client of mums, as long as i do all the design and the such.

i still have to adjust sizes so they fit on the different parts of the frame, the 'giant bicycle co.' goes on the down tubes, 'dh comp.' on the top tube', 'www.giantbicycles.com.au' goes on the rear end somewhere, proabably seat stay, and the wooley, im not quite sure yet.

what you guys think?

Attachments

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
wooley_89 said:
yer i know, its powdercaot, and dulux colours rarely differ from batch to batch, EXTREMELY RARELY i should say.

ive already made up custom stickers for the frame, and for the forks, it goes against marzocchi but im having big orange M's on the guards, lol.

its powdercoating, not painting also, lol. so yer it will be more exact than mixing up paint.

i have included the new stickers that im having done for the frame, they will be made using grey, white and black vinyl. im getting them done for free through a client of mums, as long as i do all the design and the such.

i still have to adjust sizes so they fit on the different parts of the frame, the 'giant bicycle co.' goes on the down tubes, 'dh comp.' on the top tube', 'www.giantbicycles.com.au' goes on the rear end somewhere, proabably seat stay, and the wooley, im not quite sure yet.

what you guys think?

First I'd swap the font colors around use the black for the Main color and use the grey for the highlights. Makes it easier on the eyes.

wooley_89

Chimp
Feb 17, 2005
like this?

im not a fan, it looks kinda weird, i think the grey really stands out when the black is behind it? maybe im weird:) lol

which do other people think is better?

any other suggestions?

edit: NOW THAT I'VE LOOKED AT IT AGAIN, IT IS ALOT EASIER ON THE EYES AN NOW IM UNSURE, LOL

Attachments

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Can you give the letters a tad more space? (aspect ratio maybe?). They are pretty bunched up and in my opinion hard to read. The point is so people know what they say right? Black/Grey one does look better, but there is still something that doesnt look quite right to me....

either way doing your own thing is cool. I did my own Turner kit for my 5-spot using an iron maiden type font in red vynil.

wooley_89

Chimp
Feb 17, 2005
oly said:
Can you give the letters a tad more space? (aspect ratio maybe?). They are pretty bunched up and in my opinion hard to read. The point is so people know what they say right? Black/Grey one does look better, but there is still something that doesnt look quite right to me....

either way doing your own thing is cool. I did my own Turner kit for my 5-spot using an iron maiden type font in red vynil.

nah thats just the font i used, they cant be unbunched any more, yer they are kinda hard to read but that makes people look at my bike for longer :D haha.

yer i know, somethings still a bit wrong, im trying to work out what it is so im still playing around with it a bit in photo shop, ill post up some different designs later so you guys can have a gander.

wooley_89

Chimp
Feb 17, 2005
ok guys,

came up with some more colour combos, i reverted to the grey on top, and did some different shades of grey. then the white stood out a bit too much i thought so i made on ith a light grey high light.

what you guys think of them? which ones the best? any other comments?

thanks,

wooley

Attachments