Quantcast

Santa Cruz ride tomorrow (01/02/2008)

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Anyone game to join? I will be taking my new bike out for its first ride. PM me or call 252-8528 tomorrow before 10am.

Trying to meet around 10-11.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
Yea it was cool to meet you guys,next time we will do a longer ride for sure!And you guys rode at a good pace for me ,I have never been super fast down hill and my climbing is pretty sorry even on a trial bike.Btw did you go back and ride more after you put air in your shock?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yea it was cool to meet you guys,next time we will do a longer ride for sure!And you guys rode at a good pace for me ,I have never been super fast down hill and my climbing is pretty sorry even on a trial bike.Btw did you go back and ride more after you put air in your shock?
For sure, I was a little slow towards the end of the trail because of the shock and not wanting to blow it. We ended up going to SVCS and they were closed. Lame, so we ended up going to Matt's place to use his pump, he couldnt find it so we ended up going back to family and doing it there. After that we rode up UCon then down Sidewinder/Peabody. From there we hiked back up and then down Airborn (which was AWESOME). All in all a SOLID ride. For sure next time we can get some more riding in. Mike, you better come next time. =]

But man, my bike felt so nice. When we went to Matt's, he traded me for a short stem which made a world of difference. The bike loves the fast/tight corners. So much fun. Best purchase of 2007.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'm not slamming down Airborne on my green bike until I get a frame with a headtube angle that isn't 70 degrees. Haha... but Anything besides Dead Campers and Airborne and you can count me in.

Two loops is hands-down necessary now that you have a pedalable bike, you bia.

This weekend is a no go for fear of trail damage. Next week though, maybe a night ride? Probably Wednesday after this whole nastiness of weather clears up.

P.S. I'm going to hump your bike until I get myself.

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
I did a run on M**** C***** :-)busted:) this morning before the rain hit. I think it will be a while before it is fit to ride again. Broke my chain on the one day I forget my CamelBak full of tools.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
That was a good idea man,with all the rain we are getting its gonna be a long time before the trails are dry enough to ride without destroying them.Is anyone down for a street ride sometime this weekend?Snorkel and scuba mask are optional!