Quantcast

santa cruz vp-free

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
what do you guys thinnk about this bike, where is the cheapest place i can buy one, and where can i costomize one, and what component set up would you recomend for a esxtrem fr/ dhiller who still wants to keep the bike light enough to jump it if you have to, thnks guys for your help my freind realy wants one of these but is having a problem getting one with what he want and for the price he is looking for.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
The general consensus is that the bike kicks ass. To get one cheap, maybe look for a used one though I don't see many. Look at the Santa Cruz website (color picker page) for ideas for what to put on it. Customize it? I don't know what you mean.

And you can do a search for more ideas.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
No, Santa Cruz tends not to do that, unlike Iron Horse, etc.

Support your LBS and get it there. Buy from the LBS and they become your friend and give you deals. :thumb: Or try to find it used.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
:stupid: I know them, they are both 15/16. What is wrong with your '01 stab? Thats plenty of bike for you. And you just bought Chris Kings????? :confused:

zmtber, you don't need to ask everyone about products here. Go to mtbr.com and read reviews of bike/parts/accesories (armor,etc.)

Get parts at your local bikeshop. It is kind of wierd to buy everything (if its new) from somewhere else, then have your local shop build it. If you buy stuff at your lbs, they will help you out by giving you a deal on labor and maybe parts.

My lbs is CBO in san luis obispo. I go there all the time. I always have my bike fixed there and buy most stuff there. If I am there late, I help them put bikes away and help them with other things. They are good friends with me and give deals and gave me a free video a few months ago, they are cool.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
meaning my freind need a new bike and he is really good so he deserves it it i just that he can't afford the full price of the vp-free so i was wundering whast internet site might have a place for it cheaper

DH SB RIDER

Monkey
Aug 31, 2005
Santa Barbara
o yea i herd about this kid .....damn hes soo fast......i mean i saw him up at mammoth and he smoked me.....hes a good kid though i like johny.......but i mean he needs the "extreme dh free ride " like zmtber jsut told us....extreme dh meaning coldsprings in 4.2 housr?lol o and me and zmtber are not frfiends....i jsut hang out wiht him cuz his moms fined.....ask him tell him ask him goerge............

DH SB RIDER

Monkey
Aug 31, 2005
Santa Barbara
k here are some funny quotes from patrick..........

It is kind of wierd to buy everything (if its new) from somewhere else, then have your local shop build it. If you buy stuff at your lbs, they will help you out by giving you a deal on labor and maybe parts. llbs=(local bike shop) tommos

If I am there late, I help them put bikes away and help them with other things. They are good friends with me and give deals and gave me a free video a few months ago, they are cool......

GET THE TRASH

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Don't be stoned while on the the web. God doesn't even know what you would write. You are his friend. You were with him in the costco parking lot the other day.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Do you really think thats stupider than some of the other ones on this page? If you met them, you would think they are younger than that.