Quantcast

$$$ Santa Sunday $$$

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Cheers dudes and dude dudettes.

Had some good coffee this morning, with some even nice cream liqueur to top it off.

I might have farked up and forgot to get beer, only have two to get me through the day. Queue hours of family small talk in 3 2 1. :panic:

:cheers:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Anyway, I got my 20 mile run done. Those are usually hard enough as it is, and this cold weather makes it even harder. I was ready to quit after a few miles but hung in there for the entire 20. Tired now.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:wave:

In-laws visit almost over, then it'll be onto my parents for a seafood feast. Baby is pooped, lots of excitement for her with new toys.
My dad was mind blown when I told him crab season was cancelled in Alaska because the test catches were single digit percentages of what they should have been. We talked about the immediate economic issues, next year due to things that aren't eating crab in the ecosystem, etc. all the way up the food chain (no crabs mean no fish that eat baby crabs, which means fishing seasons get drastically cut because populations are super low, which means salmon won't be breeding, repeat cycle in reverse. Then how you have multiple fishing cycles leading to no income for residents, people will have to leave Alaska. Those who stay will end up becoming more reliant on the govt to survive, since their income sources will be drying up, etc. He got frustrated about people "leeching on the govt" and all the things that make Republicans angry. After all of that, he finally asked why the crab population was so low - scientist are showing that water temp was too high for breeding and has been trending up for 30yrs; it just crossed the breeding threshold finally. He couldn't handle the source of the problem and had to find a new topic to talk about...

I think we need to enjoy thinks like crab while we can.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My dad was mind blown when I told him crab season was cancelled in Alaska because the test catches were single digit percentages of what they should have been. We talked about the immediate economic issues, next year due to things that aren't eating crab in the ecosystem, etc. all the way up the food chain (no crabs mean no fish that eat baby crabs, which means fishing seasons get drastically cut because populations are super low, which means salmon won't be breeding, repeat cycle in reverse. Then how you have multiple fishing cycles leading to no income for residents, people will have to leave Alaska. Those who stay will end up becoming more reliant on the govt to survive, since their income sources will be drying up, etc. He got frustrated about people "leeching on the govt" and all the things that make Republicans angry. After all of that, he finally asked why the crab population was so low - scientist are showing that water temp was too high for breeding and has been trending up for 30yrs; it just crossed the breeding threshold finally. He couldn't handle the source of the problem and had to find a new topic to talk about...

I think we need to enjoy thinks like crab while we can.
this time next year your dad will be screaming REEEEEEE about the crabs being dead because of antifa

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Jored with the DSO
Fat bike ride with the wife

Losing power yesterday afternoon robbed me of a couple thousand ft of vert, after today down to 2584ft required each day through next Saturday, 15,492ft required.