Quantcast

Santos Trails, Ocala FL.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
What a beautiful trail system! Never before had I ridden a trail system with seperate trails for bikes, hikers and horses. Logged about 15 or so miles. Very tight, twisty and fast trails, but they have it built so that easy loops are on the perimeter, harder loops on the inside and the expert trails in the very middle. The limestone quarry gave me as much technical and elevation change as some of the mountain trails in PA. OMBA has built a very well marked area, all trails are color coded by level of difficulty and are well named and linked together. The Vortex area is a freeride/dirt jump/pump track area that rivals anything in the East. I've ridden Diablo and some of the drops and progression drops here are as good as those. Even better, the trails are patrolled by the local Shierff's office and everything is posted as to emergency contact and access. Never would have thought that Florida could offer this much riding on this level. From the skills warm up area at the parking lot (little pump area, some small dirt jumps and skinnys to the flowing singletrack through the old growth oak trees, this place should be on everybody's list. The Santos Trailhead Bike shop provided a rental Giant Rincon that held up well and even threw in a helmet for the day.

Bottom line, the OMBA and Santos trail area saved a weekend over a business trip with a great ride and some new friends. Go soon!