Quantcast

Santos

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Heading down to Florida in Feb. from Asheville and was thinking of taking the rig down to hit Santos on the way to my destination. Who has ridden there and does anyone have any tips/info about riding there. I am familiar with the area as I went to school at UF. Looking to hit the more technical trails, but not necessarily the freeride hucks.

thanks Brian

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I havent been there in a few years, as I moved to Charlotte from Florida. However I can tell you that you will not be disappointed with the XC/Technical trail riding.

The place is well mapped out, and I bet you will get a few offers for guided tours if you head over to:
www.Omba.org

If BillT doesnt speak up you could try PMn him as he rides there often

Go Gators

Go Gators. Went to UF as well, and live in North kakalac just like the rest of you suckers. You'll like santos. Like rob said, some great xc riding along with a nice DJ line, pump track and a couple medium to big sized hucks back in the canyon. Nice bad for flatrida.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
I do miss the warmer weather in the winters, but too many damn Flor-Jersians fer me. I would hate to think if I ever had to leave Asheville to go back.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Agreed, Brian. It's been a good 2 years since I was down, but the trails were great fun even then. I can only imagine that they have gotten better since. Certainly worth stopping by...

colegrove

Chimp
Jan 7, 2009
Santos was my home turf for the last five years of so and I miss it very much. Every word that has been said about it is so true! It is one of the best places in FL. Santos Freeride area (known as the Vortex) was built by OMBA and IMBA and they did sucha great job in building the wooden structures, Dirt jumps, pump tracks, drops and a bad ass wall ride! they took every skill level in mind when building the place and has made some frendly drops and elevated trails so every person can learn and gain confidence to hit the big stuff. The trailhead parking lot has a skills course so you dont go on the trail without warming up. Hope you have fun!

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Sweet, I'm gonna load the Mbuzi up and take her south. I figure that is the perfect bike for Santos. Ride for two days, then get my redneck on and go to the Daytona 500 and swill some PBRs. Red, White, and Blue Ribbon, Damn Right thats how I'm livin..:cheers: