Quantcast

Saratoga Gap...

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
:banghead:

Got cited today. The ranger was cool though. He cited me and three other riders that were with me.

The kicker was that all four of us were bombing down, and about 5 minutes after he stopped us, a XC guy comes up the trail. This portion of the trail was completely closed, even to hikers, so he got cited too. Then about 5 minutes after that, two kids come bombing down, so they got cited. Haha... it was a frickin' citation party at the Gap today. Seven riders and one ranger. :banana: :happydance:

Anyway... Just a warning. We only got cited for being on a closed trail, but other rangers will cite you for that, plus having a bike on the trail, going the wrong direction, damage to the trail, etc.

Be safe everyone. :cheers:

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
:banghead:

Got cited today. The ranger was cool though. He cited me and three other riders that were with me.

The kicker was that all four of us were bombing down, and about 5 minutes after he stopped us, a XC guy comes up the trail. This portion of the trail was completely closed, even to hikers, so he got cited too. Then about 5 minutes after that, two kids come bombing down, so they got cited. Haha... it was a frickin' citation party at the Gap today. Seven riders and one ranger. :banana: :happydance:

Anyway... Just a warning. We only got cited for being on a closed trail, but other rangers will cite you for that, plus having a bike on the trail, going the wrong direction, damage to the trail, etc.

Be safe everyone. :cheers:

The rangers up there have always been a problem , my favorite ranger vs rider story is this one ....

Way back around 98" I had a job at SCB and got to the first prototype Bullet out for a few rides .. well climbing up the start of the gap trail right up the the huge tree on the left that over looks hwy9 , I turn and proceed into the switchback section and get stopped by Mr. Ranger on his green Gary Fisher HooKooEKoo with his nice new Rock Shok Quadra 21R with it's whopping 2.5in of travel up and down and 6+in of forward to after deflection , I'm on the first Bullet ever built with a hand built 5in Z-1 from MArzocchi and a factory tuned FOX in the back for the day this bike was years ahead of anything on the market .
Mr . Ranger cited me for having "specialized equipment" and said I should be riding up there , started to give me a ticket as 3 guys totally blew past us in the switchbacks and pissed him off even more , at this point I decided that with him now yelling at me that staying around might not be the best idea so with his bike now blocking the trail I just dropped in to the left into the hillside cutting trail for about 100-yards down to wear the trail meat back up after all the switch backs and turns .
Bye Bye

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Haha...

The way I see it, I've been riding Gap for a year and a 1/2, at least 2-3 times a month. I'll consider this "trail fees".

I'm sure the Ranger that stopped us could have really nailed us cuz' we were throwing dust everywhere. Luckily, I was riding with my buddy Jen, and I think he took it easy on us since we had a girl in the group.

He wasn't so nice to that XC rider though... that guy gave him attitude from the start. The group I was with and I just kept crackin' jokes and laughing.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
The rangers up there have always been a problem , my favorite ranger vs rider story is this one ....

Way back around 98" I had a job at SCB and got to the first prototype Bullet out for a few rides .. well climbing up the start of the gap trail right up the the huge tree on the left that over looks hwy9 , I turn and proceed into the switchback section and get stopped by Mr. Ranger on his green Gary Fisher HooKooEKoo with his nice new Rock Shok Quadra 21R with it's whopping 2.5in of travel up and down and 6+in of forward to after deflection , I'm on the first Bullet ever built with a hand built 5in Z-1 from MArzocchi and a factory tuned FOX in the back for the day this bike was years ahead of anything on the market .
Mr . Ranger cited me for having "specialized equipment" and said I should be riding up there , started to give me a ticket as 3 guys totally blew past us in the switchbacks and pissed him off even more , at this point I decided that with him now yelling at me that staying around might not be the best idea so with his bike now blocking the trail I just dropped in to the left into the hillside cutting trail for about 100-yards down to wear the trail meat back up after all the switch backs and turns .
Bye Bye

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Cool story about the first bullit. There's no way he could have stopped a speeding bullit!

I just got an '04 bullit 2 months ago. I love everything about it: light weight, very agile, perfect geo for anything. I got 10th/21 at the national in sonoma on it (second time in the dirt with it).

dvo

Chimp
May 31, 2004
i heard about this from some other guys.....this was on a sunday right?

dvo

Chimp
May 31, 2004
exactly, it is a shame that guys try that one during the weekend. it is just plain stupid.

SuperJ

Chimp
Feb 2, 2003
Tahoe
It is a fun game..... My favorite game is running from ski patrol. Depending on how i have emptied from my flask I win, or at least have yet to lose.:cheers: