Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
So, anyone aware of accurate antigen testing in your area? I'm 70-80% sure I had it, and would love to know if I'm immune from spreading or being reinfected.

I'll wait. Kthx.
I'd love to know this as well. I'm about the same percentage certain that my daughter had it about a week before this country lost its collective mind.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
One of my friends, who was an intern with me in 2008-2009, is a surgeon who is now in the Bronx as a volunteer to help in their hospitals. Not sure how much operating she will do as opposed to critical care (as in vented patients and the like), which many surgeons are also trained to do.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So for the past month the growth rate of CV has been steadily decreasing in Washington, until about 10 days ago. We seem to have bottomed out at about 5.3% growth. Essentially we are back to exponential growth, just at a low rate. We were seeing as much as 45% at the peak nationally so it is an improvemen. But this may just be what is in store for the rest of the country, a slow exponential growth, forever. No hump to get over, just a long slight incline. This seems to be what has been happening in Japan.

This is a grand simplification that actually paints a better picture than reality. Most counties in Washington do not report recoveries. Those that do have reported a significant number. If we were to track growth rate based on active cases it would look much worse.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Essentially we are back to exponential growth, just at a low rate.
This is going to be the new norm. Hopefully it is buying us time to find a real solution like a vaccine or some other drug. If not, we're going to be living in these infection cycles for a long time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
morbid, but i wonder if that is keeping the island above water

Supposedly in England there are church grounds that sit several feet higher than the surrounding land from all the bodies buried there. It was thought that one must be buried on hallowed ground so everyone was buried in a church yard. A thousand years of decomposed dead stacks up.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That's what we wanted, right? Don't worry, everyone's going to be getting real antsy in a couple weeks and we'll see the quarantining fade. Then we'll get another spike.
We want decay. Linear, exponential, whatever. Slow exponential growth is still growth and still exponential.
Which one of you was The Todd?
Even the ortho guys and girls weren't dude-bros. Some had impressive biceps, sure, but they were all very studious.