Quantcast

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Almost zero mouth breathers wearing masks as wife and I headed off the mountain to get her prescriptions...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
home depot run. needed a few things and had been building up a list. store is limiting entrance to 100 customers at a time, so i had to wait about 5 minutes to get int. was surprised at the number of people i saw without masks still. on the flip side, saw a dad and his teenage daughter walking to get in line. overheard her say "dad i think i forgot my mask" he made her get back in the car.

after that i made a b double E double R you en as long as i was out. stocked up. 4 cases and 4 four packs.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If you actually practice distancing yourself from others, is there much risk without a mask? Honest question, because only a very small percentage of people are wearing them. I'm more concerned with this at work, when there are a bunch of people all in the same vicinity and popping their heads into people's offices, vs going shopping and being alone for the most part. All retail places here also have physical barriers up to separate the customers from cashiers, too.

@jonKranked home depot and majority of other supply stores aren't even open to the public here. You either have to order online or call the store and pay pickup your stuff.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If you actually practice distancing yourself from others, is there much risk without a mask? Honest question, because only a very small percentage of people are wearing them. I'm more concerned with this at work, when there are a bunch of people all in the same vicinity and popping their heads into people's offices, vs going shopping and being alone for the most part. All retail places here also have physical barriers up to separate the customers from cashiers, too.

@jonKranked home depot and majority of other supply stores aren't even open to the public here. You either have to order online or call the store and pay pickup your stuff.
Masks should prevent transmission via aerosols. Distancing will help but there is still some risk. My only interaction with people for the past 5 weeks has been passing by on the sidewalk and grocery runs. On both accounts I only go out when the fewest other people are around and give them a wide berth.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Masks should prevent transmission via aerosols. Distancing will help but there is still some risk. My only interaction with people for the past 5 weeks has been passing by on the sidewalk and grocery runs. On both accounts I only go out when the fewest other people are around and give them a wide berth.
Today was my first time going anywhere in 3 weeks.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
This whole mask thing just shows how effing stoopid humans are. I thought the whole point of the mask is to prevent the wearer from spraying their virus laden blather on other people. Yet, I see people wearing masks in cars by themselves with the windows rolled up. At first I rationalized that maybe it was someone else's car, but I have seen too many people doing it at this point to believe in this.

How about walking alone on the side of an empty street? Why? Or how about riding your bike alone on the roadside? Why? Who are you gonna transmit to?

"Wear a mask. We'll be fine. Don't ask questions."

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Worth a read as far ask masks and outdoor activities.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I am not wearing masks as I don't have any, can't find any and going from store to store to find some seems counter productive.
actually tried wearing one....too damn hot....only time i have been going out is when the parents call or the old couple across the street want something...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Too fast for teh Coronas!

I work really closely with the PD and Chief of a city in South metro. He's told his officers that unless someone is doing something truly fucking stupid, let it slide. He doesn't want them or their families getting sick.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I work really closely with the PD and Chief of a city in South metro. He's told his officers that unless someone is doing something truly fucking stupid, let it slide. He doesn't want them or their families getting sick.
In any other town, I'd say 100mph seems to qualify as really stupid.

But in CO springs I'm just hoping it's squeeb's car straight into a megachurch.

Moar speeds moar big church gatherings for the springs!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Not all hero's are smart.

Luckily he hasn't to fear these consequences:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-scientists-warn-covid-19-could-lead-to-neurological-complications-in/

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001