Quantcast

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Same. Erblicket Die Tochter Des Firmaments is one of my fav songs ever.
Just played that for my 2 yo and she completely loved it, immediately started to rhythmically head bang without being prompted.

Then the girlfriend came in and asked if I was listening to vacuum cleaner sounds on youtube again.

Shame that guy took death metal so literally.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
This aged well
:rofl:

It happens to the best of us:

“Excuse our arrogance as New Yorkers — I speak for the mayor also on this one — we think we have the best health care system on the planet right here in New York,” Mr. Cuomo said on March 2. “So, when you’re saying, what happened in other countries versus what happened here, we don’t even think it’s going to be as bad as it was in other countries.”

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:rofl:

It happens to the best of us:

“Excuse our arrogance as New Yorkers — I speak for the mayor also on this one — we think we have the best health care system on the planet right here in New York,” Mr. Cuomo said on March 2. “So, when you’re saying, what happened in other countries versus what happened here, we don’t even think it’s going to be as bad as it was in other countries.”

If we only had a national level organization that had pandemic expertise and field agents that could professionally assess the risk and provide nation wide guidelines and prepare an effective response.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Which one of these things is not like the other?

If current trends persist Seattle should hit targets in two weeks, one week behind schedule. Yakima may require a nuclear device.

cv-county-thresholds-W.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Social distancing and masks appear to be almost none existent near us and there seems to be cars from all over the US driving around. The end of our road we just saw DC, PA, NE, WI, TX plates drive past us in a 30 second window...

I fear the rebound in cases can't be far off.

Social distancing and masks appear to be almost none existent near us and there seems to be cars from all over the US driving around. The end of our road we just saw DC, PA, NE, WI, TX plates drive past us in a 30 second window...

I suspect that we'll see that across the nation with the usual regional variations.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I suspect that we'll see that across the nation with the usual regional variations.
The problem is with 6thElements observations. Doesn't matter if one area does a good job of quelling the disease when a bunch of mouth breathers from Texas show up. Again without a nationwide response it is all king of pointless as with travel the lowest common denominator will prevail.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Masks in Vegas are almost non-existent. CA central valley, Utah, and Western CO are the same. Bay Area and CO through the mountains had much higher usage. People with out of state plates are using them far less than CA plates at rest areas.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The problem is with 6thElements observations. Doesn't matter if one area does a good job of quelling the disease when a bunch of mouth breathers from Texas show up. Again without a nationwide response it is all king of pointless as with travel the lowest common denominator will prevail.
This. We're supposed to go to Maine in late July, but because our region had such a high case count I don't wanna be the asshole that brings it with me somewhere else.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
This. We're supposed to go to Maine in late July, but because our region had such a high case count I don't wanna be the asshole that brings it with me somewhere else.
Maybe there will be cheap and widely available COVID antigen pregnancy style lateral flow assays available by then.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There is an interesting mix here in town. Being kinda in the sticks, as of late, not as many folks masking up. The trip I made into town had a much higher rate of mask use.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
There is an interesting mix here in town. Being kinda in the sticks, as of late, not as many folks masking up. The trip I made into town had a much higher rate of mask use.
I used to be in the mask camp but masks really arent really needed outside unless people are coughing in your face.

Indoor places that are badly ventilated are something Im avoiding from now on.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I used to be in the mask camp but masks really arent really needed outside unless people are coughing in your face.

Indoor places that are badly ventilated are something Im avoiding from now on.
the intent of wearing a mask is as much to protect others from your germs as protecting you.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
the intent of wearing a mask is as much to protect others from your germs as protecting you.
Recent studies have showed a mask is twice as effective against spreading the virus than it is against catching it. But this is mostly for indoors situations.
If youre outside and keep a reasonable distance chances of transmission directly from another person are super low. (Again according to recent studies.)

I found this guys youtube channel a while ago. Found it pretty informative.
He also has a really good video on the effectiveness of masks. Hes pro mask btw.

Ofcourse theres still situations where wearing a mask is a good thing (crowded public places) but I think in a lot of cases were focussing on the wrong preventive measures and it could have an adverse effect.

Last edited: