Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Both fairly stable with a slight downward trend in death rates. I imagine that will start to look a little different in about 2 weeks since week 4 is when things get ugly and we just got stupid about a week ago. I live in the first county in norcal to just completely blow off restrictions of any kind.

caD.JPG

Probably no surprise but I'm not one of the people that believe 'death' is the only bad outcome from this. I had pneumonia a few years ago and my breathing capacity has never been the same.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Both fairly stable with a slight downward trend in death rates. I imagine that will start to look a little different in about 2 weeks since week 4 is when things get ugly and we just got stupid about a week ago. I live in the first county in norcal to just completely blow off restrictions of any kind.

View attachment 145842

Probably no surprise but I'm not one of the people that believe 'death' is the only bad outcome from this. I had pneumonia a few years ago and my breathing capacity has never been the same.
I almost died of pneumonia as a kid, it was awful.
Wasn't asking from an 'outcome' angle, just with the state of testing case numbers don't necessarily reflect things accurately.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I had pneumonia a few years ago and my breathing capacity has never been the same.
Other than being dead, crushing my lung function is one of my major concerns if I catch this thing. Kind of important for recreating on bicycles.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I almost died of pneumonia as a kid, it was awful.
Wasn't asking from an 'outcome' angle, just with the state of testing case numbers don't necessarily reflect things accurately.
For sure. But they do represent a 'minimum that we know for certain' or 'people who are sick' metric.

And it ain't lookin so hot. I'm not encouraged by what I see going on in public every time I go out.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Not with E-bikes.
One could ride at a lower effort but the normal pace, I suppose. But it’s much more fun to maintain usual effort (148 bpm average this morning) and just go quicker.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Ontario is opening up the backcountry for camping starting June 1.
You get your pass online, and don't have to see or interact with anybody.
Nice thing is, where I tend to go it is restricted access based upon campsites per lake, and a route plan, so even a "busy" put in is hardly so, with the exception of a couple of spots that do the rental thing - those places are always a clown show.

I just may pick an out of the way access point and book a time to drop the canoe in the water and disappear for a week. Would not have to interact with a single person from leaving home to return. One gas stop with pay at the pump and I'm golden. That is orders of magnitude less contact than the weekly grocery run.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
And it ain't lookin so hot. I'm not encouraged by what I see going on in public every time I go out.
It's like everyone decided they were just going to be done with Coronavirus. They treat it like it's the latest fad and not a relentless, invisible, killing machine. Throw in Summertime, short attention spans, self-centeredness, and a sense of entitlement for a real sporty mix. Gonna get fun.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
It's like everyone decided they were just going to be done with Coronavirus. They treat it like it's the latest fad and not a relentless, invisible, killing machine. Throw in Summertime, short attention spans, self-centeredness, and a sense of entitlement for a real sporty mix. Gonna get fun.
I get the added bonus of protest riots in my backyard. LA just opened up business today and there’s already a new curfew.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I get the added bonus of protest riots in my backyard. LA just opened up business today and there’s already a new curfew.
You ain't the only. Apparently the owner of a Barbour shop, here, in mah art hood, decided it would be a great idea to post racist comments about the protestors Friday night. Saturday morning his windows were busted out. When I drove by this evening people were standing in front of his boarded up shop taking pics like it was a tourist attraction.

Hopefully nothing else happens tonight.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Blood type linked to Covid severity

"Our data thus aligns with the suggestions that blood group O is associated with lower risk compared with non-O blood groups whereas blood group A is associated with higher risk of acquiring Covid-19 compared with non-A blood groups," the authors state
Lucky me, type O

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Wed was 1st day with no reported covid death in NYC.
That won't last.....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@Jm_ clearly not trying hard enough with his fellow Alaskans to win bigly.

edit: lol @ live free or die NH compared to VT.