Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have only seen 2 unmasked people inside a public place in the past few weeks. Two chicks fresh from a yoga class talking loudly with each other with innocent bystanders between them.

Half the people are wearing masks just walking around on quiet streets. Still not preventing a local spike.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I hate wearing the masks. So I mostly stay the fuck home. At work I lock the door. If someone needs to talk to me, we have options. No mask no entry though. Also if I don’t know you, no entry. I mask up if they are, I also offer a drop box or I can come outside or the check can go through the crack in the door.
It’s crazy here on the border. The people I know are wearing masks, it’s the public that isn’t.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I have only seen 2 unmasked people inside a public place in the past few weeks. Two chicks fresh from a yoga class talking loudly with each other with innocent bystanders between them.

Half the people are wearing masks just walking around on quiet streets. Still not preventing a local spike.
It's the opposite here.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
My wife was dialed in to her school's BOD meeting last night, sounds like schools are proper fucked for next year. The current guidance is that if any member of staff or student is in contact with a positive case, the campus has to shut down for 14 days, so the odds of a LA county school staying open for more than 24hours is basically zero. Schools also won't be able to claim a student population larger than they did in the 19/20 school year (more kids = more funding), which appears to be a protectionist move due to parents looking to move their kids to either Charter schools that commit to staying open, or Charter schools that have been online for a while now and actually know WTF they're doing. Beyond that, the State has nothing, no insight or help on what the school is supposed to do, or parents are supposed to do with their kids.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Well my sister has been working out with someone that is now positive. We have worked two days in the office together since the trainers first symptoms. Fuck

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
In Denmark I see no one wearing masks. But where I live we have no new cases for weeks now.
Interestingly, all stores that usually sell masks are sold out of them. Here masks seem to be the new toilet paper.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Not sure how many times we're going to need to read about another hospital being overwhelmed and medical professionals being cooked both physically *and* mentally. :disgust:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It's the opposite here.
Same. I'd say a quarter or less of people out in public spaces (not talking walking down the street and whatnot) are not wearing masks.

Patios are back open at most restaurants here. No one sitting there are wearing masks, but staff working are mandated to do so. Employees at grocery stores are mostly not wearing masks.

The county/region I live in only has two active cases and only two new cases reported in the last 7 days.

I'd say majority of people around here are doing a good job while out at stores of physical distancing and whatnot. All stores by law have put into place good measures to protect works at checkouts and whatnot and stores have all implemented one way "flows" throughout, to minimize people crossing paths.

The problem, as witnessed yesterday, are all these people driving up from Toronto to the water and congregating. If the police and bylaw trucks weren't patrolling around, it would have been a shit show. Should have seen the lineups and people just hanging around at the ice cream places.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
In Denmark I see no one wearing masks. But where I live we have no new cases for weeks now.
Interestingly, all stores that usually sell masks are sold out of them. Here masks seem to be the new toilet paper.
Maybe people getting ready for vacation as a lot of other countries around us are using masks and required for flights. Let's hope the positive trend continues in Denmark.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
And thus my time without Covid comes to a close. Been nice knowing ya’ll.

Seriously, group 6 means I probably won’t get called in, but thinking test this week, test following jury duty, turn a bulldozer into a tank and smash city hall if the secondcomes up positive. That’s my best course of action right? VC doesn’t play when it comes to jury summons getting lost in the mail, so that’s probably not a wise option

Attachments

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
And thus my time without Covid comes to a close. Been nice knowing ya’ll.

Seriously, group 6 means I probably won’t get called in, but thinking test this week, test following jury duty, turn a bulldozer into a tank and smash city hall if the secondcomes up positive. That’s my best course of action right? VC doesn’t play when it comes to jury summons getting lost in the mail, so that’s probably not a wise option
Protect yourself from Covid with a mask. Protect yourself from jury duty with this mask.

il_794xN.2395112565_b2pd.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
First of all, New Zealand the other side of the "globe", and everybody knows the earth is flat, therefore New Zealand is a lie, and DaveW is clearly a crisis actor,. Do some research SHEEPLE!

In other news, anybody have a good source for reasonably priced, non shittacular cloth masks? Don't want to use a pair of cut up underwear, all the local Karens sewing them up are doing ill fitting glorified maxi-pads, I'd like something with a point and metal band over the nose for superior sunglasses fit and fog prevention, and that's designed for a normal sized human face, my current assortment suck, and it looks like I'm going to be wearing one for a while, may as well wear something un-terrible.
Costco has multi-pack cloth ones with adjustable sides.