Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The ladyfriend says it isn’t this doctor’s choice to not get tested or continue working, both of those things are following recommended guidelines or some shit.

Tell that dumber motherfucker's even dumberer motherfuckerer supervisor to test medical professionals displaying symptoms who will be at work.

For real though, it's the same problem here. "Dry cough" has only been present in 67% of legit cases but people are being turned away if that symptom isn't present. 'the list' is about a month behind at a lot of places doing the screening for testing.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My brothers new wife is an ER nurse in downtown Denver. Both my brother and I got bitched out pretty bad because we were talking about going riding this afternoon after he was done with his "suspicious" fire here in town. She was NOT fucking around.

Kind of hit home. :fie:

I totally get that. But is frustrating for me because people have no idea about the incredible dumb shit I will do when stuck at home. Yes I can hurt myself on the trails, but couped up at home, the entire block is at risk.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I totally get that. But is frustrating for me because people have no idea about the incredible dumb shit I will do when stuck at home. Yes I can hurt myself on the trails, but couped up at home, the entire block is at risk.
A standard bastard cut file will produce sufficient enough dust from an old titanium bike part for purty sparkies when ignited.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In the 80s we used to make our own fireworks from model rocket engines.

Summer of '94 I worked for a family who owned a campground on Lake George. My buddy Dan and I were kind of the live on premises managers. The campground had a crazy former cop as a security guard. This was the Clinton era when all the right wing crack pots believed in the UN One Government New World Order bullshit. This guy gave me 5 lbs of black power to develop anti-black-helicoptor rockets. I had no intentions of building weapons, but I can assure you I blew a lot of stuff up, including filling model rockets with bags of napalm that would rain fire down upon the lake. I'd be in Gitmo if I tried that shit today.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
In the 80s we used to make our own fireworks from model rocket engines.
ummm....friend in grade school....his dad did his own bullets...

fuck paying for fireworks.

6th graders and gunpowder....goodtimes.

lucky we all still have our hands...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Summer of '94 I worked for a family who owned a campground on Lake George. My buddy Dan and I were kind of the live on premises managers. The campground had a crazy former cop as a security guard. This was the Clinton era when all the right wing crack pots believed in the UN One Government New World Order bullshit. This guy gave me 5 lbs of black power to develop anti-black-helicoptor rockets. I had no intentions of building weapons, but I can assure you I blew a lot of stuff up, including filling model rockets with bags of napalm that would rain fire down upon the lake. I'd be in Gitmo if I tried that shit today.
It was you? Why?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I tried making gunpowder. It just smoked, no boom.

Neighbors kept a Quaker Oats can full of M-80s at all times. Not the firecracker variety either, but the blow some shit up kind. So much fun.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Some updates from Germany regarding the testing regime and relatively low mortality rate.

According to the virologist advising the federal government, weekly tests are up to about 500.000, which is more than double what the health minister announced not too long ago. Testing is still limited to those that are either showing symptoms or have been in contact with an infected person, but he credits an early start to testing as well as its large scale as the main factors in the low number of deaths compared to confirmed cases. 6% of tests are coming back positive.
Still, the message from the federal government is that this is the calm before the storm and that the relatively high number of ICU beds compare to other nations will need to be doubled as soon as possible.

Take this one with a grain of salt as it is very early days and there are no secondary sources yet, but Bosch, who I did not even know had a medical division, just announced that they have developed a fast Corona test with 95% accuracy that does not require a lab.
The test meets WHO criteria and uses existing hardware, returning a result within two hours. The really intriguing aspect of this test is that it supposedly also allows for differential diagnosis by simultaneously testing for 9 other respiratory diseases such as Influenza A and B. There are “a few dozen” testing machines in select German hospitals at the moment, but the company says that it has capacity to mass produce the machines and will start shipping them in April. The machines will certainly be the bottleneck as mass production will take time and each machine is limited to 10 tests per day.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
You know what would be a cool wager for online bet sites?

Odds of Donald Trump getting Coronavirus, and Odds of DT dying from coronavirus.
That be ultimate drop-the-mic, spike-the-ball karma.
I'm 100% sure US TV networks are testing their presidential obit systems.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Tell that dumber motherfucker's even dumberer motherfuckerer supervisor to test medical professionals displaying symptoms who will be at work.

For real though, it's the same problem here. "Dry cough" has only been present in 67% of legit cases but people are being turned away if that symptom isn't present. 'the list' is about a month behind at a lot of places doing the screening for testing.
The symptom that needs to be present to get a test here is having a fever. I think @6thElement can confirm this as well, and apparently it's no different for a medical professional vs. the unwashed masses. So this doctor has all the other symptoms, but no fever? Sorry, not only does the doc not get tested, they are encouraged/mandated to continue working—wearing a mask of course. A mask that the hospital is sorely low on supplies of, and staff are reusing throughout their shift. Pretty frustrating.