Quantcast

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Just did my usual evening walk. And of course only about 1 out of every 10 mouthbreathers gave fuck all about 6 god damn feet. Groups of them standing around yapping away in each other's personal space.
Watched a guy take a drag off of a small cigar, like swisher or similar, then exhale. The wind carried the smoke well beyond six feet, and all I could think was that if he was infected then that entire cloud was toxic.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Watched a guy take a drag off of a small cigar, like swisher or similar, then exhale. The wind carried the smoke well beyond six feet, and all I could think was that if he was infected then that entire cloud was toxic.
:panic:

I saw a young couple puff, puff, pass strolling down the greenway.

Also some of them will walk in groups 3-4 abreast, taking up almost the entire width or the trail.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Just did my usual evening walk. And of course only about 1 out of every 10 mouthbreathers gave fuck all about 6 god damn feet. Groups of them standing around yapping away in each other's personal space.
asheville....fuck....might have a hipster die off...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
a discreet water pistol would have been fun in that situation....

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
So much wasted PPE.
It’s like - look at the fact we did a thing that represents our concern, regardless of the effectiveness of the thing.
We will have (hopefully...) in house under six hour result testing in the next week.

Will drastically drop our PPE use. So far, more has been used on rule out patients than positive.

Also setting up additional triage/non-covid patient units in several areas. The just in case. I'm quite impressed with my areas local response, and my hospital. We are prepared are we are able. Lots of stepping up happening.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
@scrublover @eric strt6
You guys, all the other healthcare workers, EMTs, law enforcement out there, you are solid fucking human beings. Keep your spirits high and stay healthy. We need you guys.
Medical professionals, and equally importantly the underpaid grocery/pharmacy workers, delivery drivers and the poor poor souls who work for walmart or amazon need to be elevated to the level that we typically only reserve for military personnel.

All I can think about is the old ladies who work the check out at the drug store in my neighborhood. Paid shit and not protected from the same population getting tested in hospitals right now.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Medical professionals, and equally importantly the underpaid grocery/pharmacy workers, delivery drivers and the poor poor souls who work for walmart or amazon need to be elevated to the level that we typically only reserve for military personnel.

All I can think about is the old ladies who work the check out at the drug store in my neighborhood. Paid shit and not protected from the same population getting tested in hospitals right now.
Yep. Those folks are underpaid, underappreciated, and minimally protected while exposed to nasties of all sort. Way more than most of us.

I may keep you from dying, or at least help you do so pain free. They are keeping you fed and able to clean your asses.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Ugh.
If you want to move toward aseptic stores, that’s a step. It’s bad enough cashiers and baggers are touching money and credit cards. Adding reusable bags to the mix endangers anyone touching them, and allows the baggers to potentially pass the virus along more easily.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Last time I was at the grocery store the clerk asked me how I was holding up. I said shit was easy for me I can work from home and told him I thought that he was doing was heroic and underappreciated.

He teared up a little, well that or he was just leaking virus goop.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Also all the off-the-books labor that runs the one percent. The nannies, the mommies' helpers, the housecleaners, the unpaid influencer assistants, if they're lucky they were brought along in the great white flight to the second and third homes, otherwise were just dropped, waiting to get by on that twelve hunnert government bucks.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
All this very true shit about the dude packing your groceries, etc. is why I'm a Bernie supporter. I want that guy–and everyone–to have healthcare, to be making a reasonable wage, to bargain collectively.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've got a dozen guys still having to go to work in NYC. I made sure everyone in my division knows about them.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Colorado goes full stay at home.

My ladyfriend just came home from her first shift at the hospital after having six days off. She said that had Colorado not gone on full lockdown she would have asked me to stay close to home and really minimize my contact with other humans. She’s convinced she’ll eventually be exposed, which means I’ll get it, and we don’t want to be responsible for spreading it. And by “eventually” I’m pretty sure she means she’s already been exposed... some doctor at the hospital has all the symptoms except a fever, and therefore hasn’t been tested, won’t be tested, and is still working. Not sure how I feel about this...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
... some doctor at the hospital has all the symptoms except a fever, and therefore hasn’t been tested, won’t be tested, and is still working. Not sure how I feel about this...
Tell that dumb mother fucker your friend on the internet told him this is why tests exist and he's about to expose lots of influenza sufferers to compounding fuckery.

Tell him I said he's an asshole too.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I hope this doesn't mean Glenn Beck will live through this. :disgust:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

My ladyfriend just came home from her first shift at the hospital after having six days off. She said that had Colorado not gone on full lockdown she would have asked me to stay close to home and really minimize my contact with other humans. She’s convinced she’ll eventually be exposed, which means I’ll get it, and we don’t want to be responsible for spreading it. And by “eventually” I’m pretty sure she means she’s already been exposed... some doctor at the hospital has all the symptoms except a fever, and therefore hasn’t been tested, won’t be tested, and is still working. Not sure how I feel about this...
Tell her stay safe and we demand to camp and ride bikes when we're allowed to socialize again.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

My brothers new wife is an ER nurse in downtown Denver. Both my brother and I got bitched out pretty bad because we were talking about going riding this afternoon after he was done with his "suspicious" fire here in town. She was NOT fucking around.

Kind of hit home. :fie:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Wife was talking to employee today.
Employees friend was currently in ICU with covid.
That woman’s 55yo, supposedly healthy otherwise, husband died yesterday.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I hope this doesn't mean Glenn Beck will live through this. :disgust:

After perusing the link that story is based on, it sounds like they're clinging to old inputs for their model. We have better data now. Meh, hopes still high for the weepy fema advocate.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So the case numbers for the past five days looks like we may be moving away from exponential growth. I think this is rather unlikely for multiple reasons, primarily diagnosis is unscientific, irregular and pretty much crap, secondly I think we are just seeing a re-normalization from the "NY bump" where NYS started testing vast numbers of people and basically worked through a huge backlog of cases. Any way lets pretend to be optimists and assume the transmission % started to reduce 5 days ago. This would mean the new daily deaths will increase exponentially for the next 11 days or so. In 11 days about 5,600 people per day will be dying and the total number of deaths will be around 21,000. 12 days from now daily deaths will still be increasing, just not exponentially. That means 12 days from now only 6,563 people will die instead of the 6,600 if we still had exponential death rates. Things are really looking up!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So the case numbers for the past five days looks like we may be moving away from exponential growth. I think this is rather unlikely for multiple reasons, primarily diagnosis is unscientific, irregular and pretty much crap, secondly I think we are just seeing a re-normalization from the "NY bump" where NYS started testing vast numbers of people and basically worked through a huge backlog of cases. Any way lets pretend to be optimists and assume the transmission % started to reduce 5 days ago. This would mean the new daily deaths will increase exponentially for the next 11 days or so. In 11 days about 5,600 people per day will be dying and the total number of deaths will be around 21,000. 12 days from now daily deaths will still be increasing, just not exponentially. That means 12 days from now only 6,563 people will die instead of the 6,600 if we still had exponential death rates. Things are really looking up!
You already know the problem with case numbers.

-your friend, debbie downward

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

some doctor at the hospital has all the symptoms except a fever, and therefore hasn’t been tested, won’t be tested, and is still working. Not sure how I feel about this...
that doctor needs a vigorous slap up side the head.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Tell that dumb mother fucker your friend on the internet told him this is why tests exist and he's about to expose lots of influenza sufferers to compounding fuckery.

Tell him I said he's an asshole too.
that doctor needs a vigorous slap up side the head.
The ladyfriend says it isn’t this doctor’s choice to not get tested or continue working, both of those things are following recommended guidelines or some shit.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
My brothers new wife is an ER nurse in downtown Denver. Both my brother and I got bitched out pretty bad because we were talking about going riding this afternoon after he was done with his "suspicious" fire here in town. She was NOT fucking around.

Kind of hit home. :fie:
I keep thinking of going for a ride around the block to get some exercise and all I can think is that it wouldn’t be impossible, or even take much for me to have a situation where I’d need to hit the ER or urgent care. I’m just gonna gain a few pounds and deal with it.