Quantcast

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
TLDL - not enough data on cloth masks in the real world.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Oh we're collecting the data for them right now in real life.

It's like buying something from crank brothers.
Key point noted - Humans are bad lab rats. Despite the potential mask benefits, studies show people don’t use the masks as instructed for the length of the study. Additionally, the handling of the mask may be negating many of the isolated benefits of the mask as a barrier.

As for areas where masks are more common, say parts of China, there are other variables in play that make it difficult to isolate the benefits of just the mask.

Who knew human behavior was so complicated?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

7.3% seropositivity in Stockholm for samples collected week of April 28. Recall that one of their forecasts was for 25% positivity by May. Their forecast appears to have been wrong.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Two medical issues on the horizon. What do you monkeys think about these?
1. Follow up eye doc visit for an early stage glaucoma detection. I had my first visit right before COVID, and then started treatment with eye drops. Now I need a follow up. Not looking forward to placing my face in those testing machines, but I also don’t want to mismanage glaucoma and go blind.
2. I’m due for a standard dental cleaning in June. I’m thinking that sounds like an invitation for folks to breathe in my open mouth.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
1. Follow up eye doc visit for an early stage glaucoma detection. I had my first visit right before COVID, and then started treatment with eye drops. Now I need a follow up. Not looking forward to placing my face in those testing machines, but I also don’t want to mismanage glaucoma and go blind.
2. I’m due for a standard dental cleaning in June. I’m thinking that sounds like an invitation for folks to breathe in my open mouth.
1589992650106.png

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
1. Wipe that shit down, wear a mask.
2. Wife spoke with her dentist about this. Their response was that AIDS precautions they already followed covered this (masks and faceshields at this place).