In a van.... down by the river

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
well they're getting what they wanted, back to normal

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

We predict that deaths over the next two-month period could exceed current cumulative deaths by greater than two-fold, if the relationship between mobility and transmission remains unchanged.
Caveats:

We project the impact of future increases in mobility, assuming that the relationship between mobility and disease transmission remains constant. We do not address the potential effect of additional behavioural changes or interventions, such as increased mask-wearing or testing and tracing strategies.
That said:

Whether the second wave that they project surfaces depends on a) mobility, b) effectiveness of non-mobility non-pharmaceutical interventions they didn't model (like masks), and c) whether there is an innate immunity that doesn't show up via antibody tests that is posited to exist by some who are more optimistic than me.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Whether the second wave that they project surfaces depends on a) mobility, b) effectiveness of non-mobility non-pharmaceutical interventions they didn't model (like masks), and c) whether there is an innate immunity that doesn't show up via antibody tests that is posited to exist by some who are more optimistic than me.
"whether"

Heh.

You spelt "when" wrongly

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Had an in person job interview yesterday, wearing a mask and not shaking hands in an interview is fucking weird. Usually you can tell if they hate you pretty easily, but you can't tell shit when they're wearing a mask. Hopefully I didn't come off as too much of an asshole, Trump sends me checks every other week, but I don't think he understands what my salary requirements are. Funemployment doesn't pay for bike parts