Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I imagine JHU etc were all scraping individual state sites already thus not affected.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Hey data monkeys @Toshi @kidwoo how does data being redirected to the administration, bypassing the CDC, effect sites like world of meters ? Stats look like new cases are leveling off but we know that's not true. Saw a banner underneath Herr Twitler on Foxnews that said new cases were dropping or something like that. Are they cooking the books or is this legit ?
They changed both the recieving agency, what specifically is being reported, and how it's submitted. That also means that county health departments are collecting a lot more information that they may not have before, causing a slow down. This is the part that affects most of the trackers, the better of which pull straight from local data. So yes, this affects everything because health departments are doing the reporting differently.

I thought the same thing as toshi posted until I learned everything that changed beyond just what building it's being sent to.

You'll notice a distinct flattening of the curve from about July 11 on in every single state, and certainly nationally. That's not a coincidence and no 50 different states didn't all of a sudden start seeing fewer positive cases.

What's happening is that there's going to be a monumental lag. Not necessarily cooked, but underreported for a long time until everyone catches up.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
What's happening is that there's going to be a monumental lag. Not necessarily cooked, but underreported for a long time until everyone catches up.
Okay, makes sense. So in the mean time Herr Twitler will attempt to make it look like the virus is fading away, contradicting experts, and encouraging more irresponsible behavior.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Came the closest I’ve been to blowing a gasket over all this. I had a few friends recently say stuff to me about how they’re “carefully” engaging in fun social activities. I wanted to message some of them who “miss me” and remind them to think of me sitting here in isolation since March when they go off doing nonessential activities. I hope it’s worth it, assholes.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Came the closest I’ve been to blowing a gasket over all this. I had a few friends recently say stuff to me about how they’re “carefully” engaging in fun social activities. I wanted to message some of them who “miss me” and remind them to think of me sitting here in isolation since March when they go off doing nonessential activities. I hope it’s worth it, assholes.
Ya know I'd love to have an actual, in person, conversation with another human again, but I'm starting to lose that desire.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
What are you going to do about the business then? Have the couples chop off their fingers and send them to you? :butcher:
Sounds an acceptable solution to me...... they have 2 hands don't they?
Rings can go on the other hand.
The rings are art dammit and that's way more important than your mere physical convenience!

Art for arts sake,
Money for gods sake!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If only there were some way to understand how the virus spreads. If only there were steps we could take to avoid those situations.

Oh well! Enjoy seeing your friends, kids!

In person schooling will be the single most significant vector in the history of this pandemic by the time this is all done.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If only there were some way to understand how the virus spreads. If only there were steps we could take to avoid those situations.

In person schooling will be the single most significant vector in the history of this pandemic by the time this is all done.

As I reflect daily on the 24 hours of peace and quiet I have in my home, I will now also be thankful for the absence of walking disease vectors.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

"welcome to jimmy's honorary graduation and wake"

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
We've counseled our youngest to select the full-remote option.

Because I guaran-fuckin'-tee everyone will be remote within 6 weeks.

I just hope to the @FSM that they don't send the Montana boys home. :mad:
I fear that will be WHEN not IF...

Bozeman School District released it's 2 days on 2 days off schedule with a day in between for deep cleaning, with a virtual opt out option.

Meanwhile back at the ranch:

itsatrap.JPG

Does paying tuition with your costco card double the warranty on school too?

#askingforafriend

Could be a good year for your boys to get some tele-gear and forego the lifts...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I fear that will be WHEN not IF...

Bozeman School District released it's 2 days on 2 days off schedule with a day in between for deep cleaning, with a virtual opt out option.

Meanwhile back at the ranch:

View attachment 148353

Does paying tuition with your costco card double the warranty on school too?

#askingforafriend

Could be a good year for your boys to get some tele-gear and forego the lifts...
We got a room & board refund last semester... dunno how much they can keep doing that sort of thing. But yeah... pretty much "when."

Good news is that the eldest will remain even if they go full virt - he's in a 12m lease.

Best case would be if one of his roommates bails and I can move the middle kid in there as well...