Quantcast

SAT or plattekill

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Also, the SAT gets easier the more you take it, and in the fall you'll be a little bit smarter just because of age and a little more school.

And I'm racing platty #1 too in Jr. X, should be interesting. That course is sick though, one of the few Plattekill courses without that much pedaling.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
April 19 and 20, you can get a head's up and come help build the course for May 5! Deal is, you work on Saturday 4/19, and you get a free lift pass for 4/20 (only open that day for trail workers!)

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
im not as fast as him but i have a chance (small) im about 1-2 seconds off neko and the year jeff got 3rd at the open i got 20th. im slower but if he messed up i *could* have a chance.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I personally think the SAT is not indicative of ones intelligence. I scored 200 pts lower than some people and have a whole grade point better of a GPA than them. But if mom and dad aren't for you racing, don't push it. But if theres other days..who cares, take it another time.
You are correct, but I got into college solely on my SAT score. I'm smart but I F'ed off in High school and got C's.
I think colleges are getting better about using nothing but SAT score and GPA the way they did 10-15 yrs ago.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
im pretty quick but i only have 1 other year in junior X to do this if it happens on the east coast again. my dad supports racing but my mom doesnt and unfortunatly my dad is pretty whipped. the way i figure it after i am out of the 17-18 bracket i am going to get my ass handed to me. *last chance for glory*???

i do plan on taking the SAT but just dont want to this weekend

i dont want to make a career out of biking i just want to see how far i can go
The automatic Worlds Qualifier also took place on the east coast last year (Mt. Snow Nationals.) This year is very different seeing as Worlds take place June 17-22 opposed to the usual early September.

Winning that race will not be an easy task. There are alot of people putting in a ton of effort into it and it sounds like most of them have more experience and speed then you. Not to say you can't win (or you aren't fast, you could be a wildcard) but chances are Sat's are more benificial to your future. Anyways, the Worlds team will be very small this year. Think 4 racers tops, all of which are already being looked at by USACycling... And a few of which will be attending Plattekill #1 and hoping for a win... Geoff Ulmer included.

Good luck... Either start studying, or spinning. Alot. :busted:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
The automatic Worlds Qualifier also took place on the east coast last year (Mt. Snow Nationals.) This year is very different seeing as Worlds take place June 17-22 opposed to the usual early September.

Winning that race will not be an easy task. There are alot of people putting in a ton of effort into it and it sounds like most of them have more experience and speed then you. Not to say you can't win (or you aren't fast, you could be a wildcard) but chances are Sat's are more benificial to your future. Anyways, the Worlds team will be very small this year. Think 4 racers tops, all of which are already being looked at by USACycling... And a few of which will be attending Plattekill #1 and hoping for a win... Geoff Ulmer included.

Good luck... Either start studying, or spinning. Alot. :busted:
They're DEFINITELY NOT gonna let a pizza thrower like you on the World's Team, especially in Italy where throwing the aforementioned food is a sin (and you have to be debriefed by the Pope!).