Quantcast

satan gets his man.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
alternate thread title?

"1 down - 999 to go:"
I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Yeah, I'm not really crying.

Why do these fvcks hang on until they die? Yeah, I'm looking at you too Teddy...
What? And have them actually go out among us and live the legislation they render on us lowly subjects??

On a side note, this thread isn't exactly going how I had pictured it would, figured there would be more praise and sorrow over his long running mastery of parlimentary rules and support of the lowly folk of West By God Virginny. I mean, after Trent Lott was nailed to the proverbial flaming cross and all...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
On a side note, this thread isn't exactly going how I had pictured it would
sorry, just can't bring myself to make sport of him w/ my usual vigor. it's like beating a woman; and we know what john lennon had to say about what a woman is in the world

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
As Byrd said during a 2001 Senate floor debate: "One man's pork is another man's job. Pork has been good investment in West Virginia. You can look around and see what I've done."

"Twenty-five years ago, we were an isolated community, and that made it very difficult to get out of," said Michael Thornsbury, 53, a circuit judge here who was born and raised in Mingo County. "Has there been pork brought back to West Virginia? Yes. Has it been a long time coming? Absolutely. We're only half way caught up now. And it has not been wasteful pork. It has been pork that has revitalized our economy."

In return for Byrd's largess, the state named more than 30 buildings, roads, schools and monuments in his honor. There's the Robert C. Byrd Highway, the Robert C. Byrd Expressway and the Robert C. Byrd Freeway. There's the Robert C. Byrd Institute for Advanced Flexible Manufacturing, the Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center and the Robert C. Byrd Cancer Research Center.

In the State Capitol Rotunda in Charleston, there is even a bronze statue of the senator. If you stand beneath it, Byrd's hand points at your pockets.
Butttttttt, with a white hood on, how dare we throw money at a lower class of people that refuse to get up and help themselves....

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
is he going to be buried @ the robert c. byrd memorial cemetery?

oh, got a live c-span screengrab from his funeral procession after lying in state:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.
barry said:
When asked about his background, which includes a black father and white mother, Obama said of African-Americans: "We are sort of a mongrel people."
i'm so glad the first mongrel-american president has moved us past racial division

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
mon·grel   [muhng-gruhl, mong-] Show IPA
–noun
1. a dog of mixed or indeterminate breed.
2. any animal or plant resulting from the crossing of different breeds or varieties.
3. any cross between different things, esp. if inharmonious or indiscriminate.
Byrd was referring to #1, Barry was referring to #3. Keep up, will ya?