Quantcast

Satan's Kingdom

splat

Nam I am
Well Today I had a Dentist Appointment from 4 -5 . so I figured Since I am going to be in that Direction , and I will hav eto drive any way , why not see if any one 1s interested in riding Satans Playground in westwood. well there was interest. so I emailed Jack , who is the person who made these trails . Now these trails are NEW real new. we started cutting it in January http://bustedspoke.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=32684 and I guess they did he 2nd half a couple of weeks ago. so its new.

Here is the topo of the location next time I will bring my GPS.

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=42.2125&lon=-71.2347&datum=nad27&u=4&layer=DRG&size=l&s=25

any way this trail is a lot of Fun , very difficult, Lots of Ups and Down. Bring your climbing legs you'll need them, but you all get rewarded too!

Well We parked on Twin post road . and there isa trail head there ( which is under dispute right now , don't use it yet. ) But I walked in a a few yards to relieve my Bladder , and you know your in a rich town when they really doo there Tree Houses tight !

well from there you cross hartford ave. go down about 20 yards and ther eis the trail head , you go up right away. and this is a good example of a lot of what you have to ride. it tough technical riding. you get up and there isa Fork , takea right , tish rides Best counter clock wise.

Mean WHile the Silver turtle discovered his rear Shock was blown and his SX was in the shop , so he borrowed a light weight enduro from BadDNA , and Up a rock he goes . .

Donny doing a rough Roll

Donny doing a Steep Roll !

there are not many Hucks or drop, but Lots of Roll's

BadDNA Rolling through

Silver Turtle in a groove.

BAdDNA and Silver turtle , go around the Beer Keg.

Off camber roll

JAck , fearless leader , and trail designer.

Silver turtle at the top of some Lung busting , time to do a little down

Jack , a Roll that is the start of a really fun Roller coaster down hill !

Donny Riding a Spine.

Me taking a different line.

JAck doing a little wheelie drop.

BadDNA doing one as well

Donny rolling down a rock, may look easy , but you can ask Berkshire rider you dam near killed him self on this thing.

Donny on a Wall ride

Jack with his Dog "copper" following

and it was getting dark , and only a couple of us had lights so Out we went .

Donny on one final roller

the exit it self is an fun down hill run out right into traffic! always Fun .

we did 1 1/2 laps . I'd say about 4 miles. but they were hard Miles , but o so fun miles too!

and one last pic for the road , BadDNA put his Mat on the back of his truck to protect it from scratches .

What a ride , This place is ubber fun, needs a little more work and to be ridden to pack down the trails.

Slabysz

Chimp
Jan 21, 2004
Boston
In the photo with the keg and Silver Turtle, is that a helmet mounted rearview mirror I see on Dave? What's up with that? Is there a commuter lane in those trails?

Looks like fun! Nice job on the trails. Is that near Hale/Naonet?

splat

Nam I am
In all the years I lived 10 minutes from there, I never went there.
yes , but that trail didn't exist till about 4 months ago.

Was that a glimpse of splat on the AC???
Could be.

In the photo with the keg and Silver Turtle, is that a helmet mounted rearview mirror I see on Dave? What's up with that? Is there a commuter lane in those trails?

Looks like fun! Nice job on the trails. Is that near Hale/Naonet?
No mirror it ia actually a Editing glitch , by me

and it is very near hale, on the other side of hartford avenue there is a connector trail into hale, but that is in a land dispute at the moment. ( should be solved soon )