Quantcast

satellite radio

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
I have XM and love it...Opie and Anthonly kick ass, Ron and Fez start Monday, and the music is awesome...they play a lot more stuff than Sirius (deeper playlists) and all is uncensored and uncut. You hear so much you don;t hear on regular radio and there are no commercials...once you go you will not go back...

A buddy of mine has Sirius and is dumping it at the end of the year for XM.

Tom

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tom Church said:
I have XM and love it...Opie and Anthonly kick ass, Ron and Fez start Monday, and the music is awesome...they play a lot more stuff than Sirius (deeper playlists) and all is uncensored and uncut. You hear so much you don;t hear on regular radio and there are no commercials...once you go you will not go back...

A buddy of mine has Sirius and is dumping it at the end of the year for XM.

Tom
awesome thanks!!

How are you doing by the way?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
XM is awesome. I just got it and even on the longest trips, you'll never get bored
I don't want to have to mount something to my dash though...

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
stosh said:
Ok who's got it and what system do you use?
i have xm for 2+ years now.

dont buy that "no commercial" crap cause it aint true. eventhough there are not maxi pad or diet pepsi commercials, there is a health amount of bullshiit to interup what you want to listen to. what makes it worse, the same filler crap is on every channel so you get to listen to it ALOT more if you channel hop alot.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jimmy_Pop said:

dont buy that "no commercial" crap cause it aint true. eventhough there are not maxi pad or diet pepsi commercials, there is a health amount of bull**** to interup what you want to listen to.
thats kinda lame!

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Sprint now sends Sirius through its phones to Vision customers. The announcement kinda got lost in the iPod shuffle (sorry) this week...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jimmy_Pop said:
BUT, i do like it. Especially on road trips as stated above. and all the new channels.

... this is a FOX News Alert..
Hrmmmm
My fiancee really wants it for Christmas... I'll have to look into it.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Jimmy_Pop said:

dont buy that "no commercial" crap cause it aint true. eventhough there are not maxi pad or diet pepsi commercials, there is a health amount of bullshiit to interup what you want to listen to. what makes it worse, the same filler crap is on every channel so you get to listen to it ALOT more if you channel hop alot.
I'm going into my 3rd year with it, and I guess it depends on the channels you tune and the time of day. I've never heard anything other than XM promotional crap on the channels I like, and it's infrequent. I have heard commercials on some of the stuff my wife listens to, like E!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stosh said:
I don't want to have to mount something to my dash though...
It doesn't have to be. You can get an underseat unit that runs through the stereo, if your stereo is also an XM/Sirrius controller. I have the XM Roady and used to just sit it in the coin tray while using it.

J

JRB

You should be kicked where your nuts would be for starting this thread.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Stosh, Rob and I both have ours clipped via a vent mount. If you do a search online, you'll find a million ways to attach the XM without leaving a permanent mark (and don't buy Sirrius, XM is way superior). As for the "commercials" they're for other XM shows. Basically, it gives the DJ a chance to go and pee because without commercials, there's no time to leave the desk. Plus, there are so many channels that one 20 second blurb isn't going to leave you with nothing to listen to.

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
Brian HCM#1 said:
I have Sirius, which kicks ass!!!! Way better music selection than XM.
You lie like a rug. :nope: I have Sirius because they gave me the hardware free. Wish I had XM though, it has 3 maybe 4 times the music selection. They may no have "Paid advertising" but the hype is second to none and the DJ's are just [if not more] annoying. Do yourself a favor and take advantage of their free 30 day internet trials. Decide for yourself what you think of it.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I've had sirius for about a year and I won't go back to regular radio. I chose sirius over xm because of the NFL network. Check siriusbackstage.com and xmfan.com before you pick one or the other.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
BuddhaRoadkill said:
You lie like a rug. :nope: I have Sirius because they gave me the hardware free. Wish I had XM though, it has 3 maybe 4 times the music selection. They may no have "Paid advertising" but the hype is second to none and the DJ's are just [if not more] annoying. Do yourself a favor and take advantage of their free 30 day internet trials. Decide for yourself what you think of it.
I beg to differ with you, the music is WAY better on Sirius, plus XM doesn't play any hard metal. I've listen to both, so I know these things.

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
I plan on getting sirius so I can continue to listen to Howard.
i am with you on that. i have been listening to howard since i was 8years old, bout 10 years now. i just hope that sirius makes a portable player kinda like that xm2go thingy.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Howard? Howard fvcking Stern? Mr. Hoo Hoo I invented everything Robin? That cum monkey is such a whiny little b!tch. Yes, let's run to Uncle Mel when another personality in the same area actually gets some publicity. Sure, Howard can go into markets with other DJs and kill them in ratings, but if you even so much as SPEAK about Howard the Coward, he slaps a C&D on you. Yeah, big man with your pussy perm.

Die on regular radio where you belong with all the other plebeians Hoo Hoo.

Tell 'em Fred.

O AND A PARTY ROCK!

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
PonySoldier said:
Somebody is droppin' ~$39,000.00 for his boarding school so I doubt the cost of both of these is an issue...
Remember I am on Aid, so we are only paying about half. The radios arn't that expensive really. Just the base systems are pricey, not the service.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
stosh, I own the equip for sirius but I haven't installed or subscribed to it because I'm lazy. One cool thing about it, is the setup I have I can take the receiver out of my car when I get home and use it at home, all on the same subscription. More bang for your buck I think.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Crazy Sweeper said:
stosh, I own the equip for sirius but I haven't installed or subscribed to it because I'm lazy. One cool thing about it, is the setup I have I can take the receiver out of my car when I get home and use it at home, all on the same subscription. More bang for your buck I think.
Xm is exactly the same.

Not to mention the kickass MyFi that you can get XM ANYWHERE, live.