Quantcast

>>>Saterdumpus<<<

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! DOGGO slept to 6:30 this morning. Good dog! 1.5" of rain fell last night and another 2" are on the way, which means no MTB this weekend. Sad!

I'm headed to the food store before it gets busy.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Friends over last night for drinks. Wifey got distracted by work at dinner beforehand and kinda forgot to eat, so that didn't lead to a good ending (boo). Slept in a more "normal" position last night and am sore as all hell this am. Transitioning off Oxy today really isn't helping, as I'm not taking any pain killers to offset the extra pain. I think today is going to hurt a lot.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Good morning. Beauty day here. About to have a breakfast of champions, roll down this hill and then go find some buddies to ride with.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'd venture to guess about 30% of the people in the food store were sans mask, compared to the 0% just a few weeks ago.
We're over 50%, if not into 60-70%. We've definitely become the outliers by wearing masks here.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Wife, MIL, kids at Home Depot buying plants. They are all masked.

I'll head out to REI, Costco, and the phone fixing place after they get back. Unless the store has it posted that one must mask I will not mask, because that's the CDC guidance as of mid month this month for vaccinated individuals.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Im still masking because I'm a parent of children who are not old enough to be vaccinated.
this,
most of the time.

stupid humid on the kid's group ride but we still cranked out 10 miles. it was at the us nat'l whitewater (tourist) center, and there was also a running race there, so it was super packed afterwards to get your overpriced food and biers. still, a good time was had. now home for chores, grocery shopping, etc.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Been eating a lot moar fresh fruit lately and can see the splatters on my iMac screen from eating oranges. Obviously this is going to be an exciting half day at work. I'm sure you are all jealous.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Wanted to just switch the brake pads on the rear R1R before the ride. Rotor was not spinning freely at all after that, and I am talking massiv drag here. Full flush and bleed of the brake later and problem was still there (original bleed had been OK). Cleaning + mobilizing the pistons and lubing them with DOT fluid did not make them move more than before (they seem to move OK). :disgust:
Decided to go on a road ride before it got too cold. :-)
Came back to it this evening. Installed a set of pre-worn pads, which did not drag as bad but apparantly were contaminated and did not brake well. :rant:
New pads in again, problem was back. :banghead:
After the addition of spacers to move the adaptor more inboard to give me more adjustment range for the caliper, a new Formula disc (fucking Shimano IceTech disc was warped), removing the paint on the back of the pads and some fiddling around it now runs drag free and brakes like it should. :weee:

How much are these Trickstuff brakes again? :think:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
That's not how it is supposed to work, you need to lube them with a DOT compatible grease like
I know, but did not have any at home. So I did what we did in the old days before these fancy brake care products hit the market. But added it to the "need to buy" list.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I would be after that ride, yeesh. Good work.
I hope you are eating all the things...
Shoved half a large pizza and a couple beers into my face immediately post ride, then followed that up with two giant bowls of pantry chili a couple hours later. It was a lot, but maybe not quite enough calories.