Quantcast

Saturady morning - a chilly fall day

splat

Nam I am
So I got up for an early ride , had commitments loater on , so out I went to meet up at 7 am it was 28 degrees out there, met up with PeterK and company and away we went. the leaves had a heavy frost on them and soon it wason our tires and we wereslipping all over the place.

the frost on our tires

But did that Stop us ?

and we had a Slight mechanical -- what does this thing do ?

and we got him up and running

and off to a drop Peter and group had not seen before

PeterK got a little nose heavy but rode it out

They had to take off and so did I but on my way back home I ran into IF_rider, the Silver turtle and Aaron the you thing.

mades

Chimp
Jun 21, 2009
Splat,

Never got a chance that morning to say thanks for the tour. It was a fun ride, and was nice to hit some stuff I'd never seen or knew about..... so "Thanks" again. and also for the help fixing my cranks.

Mike

Quofan, If I could explain where that drop is I would, but I am still relatively new to riding nam. There are actually 2 drops: the one next to the tree is maybe 4 ft, the other is bigger, how big depends on how fast you hit it, but there is a decent landing. I'm sure Splat or Peterk can explain.

Okraz

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
Hey Splat,

Did you happen to get a pic of my maiden voyage down the chute? (2nd attempt better than the 1st!) It was a great morning of riding!

Kevin

peterk123

Chimp
Dec 2, 2007
Splat,

I need more tours like that! Mike and I had a ball with the new features you brought us to. I have been looking for Fu@# It all season but never could figure out where it was. Appropriately named BTW.

Now I have to learn how to do pedal stabs so I can hit more of those drops at the Kitchen. Something to shoot for next Spring. I need to stay in one piece at this point for ski season.

Pete

peterk123

Chimp
Dec 2, 2007
So Mike got his chainring fixed. He went with a single ring setup and a top and bottom chainguide. I have never seen somebody break so much stuff on a bicycle as him.

I should have bought stock in the company that manufactures tubes, based on the number of flats he has had. He was good for three or four per ride. Let's see, what else? Hmm, he tacoed a wheel, snapped a seatpost clamp, bent a seatpost (how do you even do that?), bent a brake lever, snapped a seatstay, sheared off a couple chainring bolts, seized a chain link and had some stem bolts strip from riding. This was all in a matter of two months or so.

Mike, did I miss anything?

peterk123

Chimp
Dec 2, 2007
Quo Fan, the drop(s) are on the 495 side. They are kind of just in the woods; not much of a trail. The landings just end. You have to turn around and hike out wants you land.

Okraz

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
That would be the pic, thanks splat. I guess it doesn't matter if it were the first or second attempt...at least it's not one of me laid out on the ground!

Kev