Quantcast

)))Saturd GEE EM TEE(((

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
and here I go again. Another horse show weekend. Camper is not ready for the road but the show is less that ten miles for home. Next day off for me is Aug 21. Part I need to finish the refrigerator repair/ reinstall should arrive on Monday. What is that part you ask? well its two actually. I didn't like that there is no seal around the fridge so I ordered a tube of 2 hour fire resistant expanding foam. and secondly I ordered a new propane line as the old one had a crimp with micro cracks.

strong espresso this fine morning has me in a good mood

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Was informed yesterday that the team I was doing work for is over budget, and my manager has decided to terminate my contract due to this and the amount of UX Design work they have in the pipeline slowing down.

Off to ride bikes with @6thElement and his missus here in a bit, happy Saturday everyone.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Was informed yesterday that the team I was doing work for is over budget, and my manager has decided to terminate my contract due to this and the amount of UX Design work they have in the pipeline slowing down.

Off to ride bikes with @6thElement and his missus here in a bit, happy Saturday everyone.
#dislike #like

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Was planning to attempt an easy cycling type activity this morning, but waking up in back pain may alter those plans. Will reassess after coffee and the morning constitutional.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Going to Punk in the Park today because it's and outside show that shouldn't be too big. We'll all have our masks on, but want to enjoy a show before lockdown again. Wifey is excited to see Pennywise but somehow had never heard of anyone else in the lineup, so when I played a bunch yesterday she was a bit surprised. Should be pretty funny through the harder bands.

Wine fridge for the new dry bar shows up Monday, but the shortest timeline I've gotten for cabinets is now 8-11 weeks (down from 16-18). Depending on how long it takes me to finish other large projects, I might be building some cabinets...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
sorry @Full Trucker - hope something else turns up soon.

wife took the kids to see her brother and fam in ashevegas. i have a to do list but will also go check out a re-opened trail today and sneak in an early mountain ride tomorrow am.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That sucks, FT

I just humped a giant mattress-in-a-box up two flights of stairs. Bedframe is coming today.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sorry, FT. :( I hate when people mention silver lining, but the job market is strong and remote work is the new norm so i think you'll find something better quickly.

My life has been pretty joy-less for a bit. Company running out of money meaning extra stress and long hours without any positive moments, fighting cats turning everything in my life upside down, wife not having any patience with them or me, my riding sucks - dafuq have i don't wrong, @FSM?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sorry, FT. :( I hate when people mention silver lining, but the job market is strong and remote work is the new norm so i think you'll find something better quickly.

My life has been pretty joy-less for a bit. Company running out of money meaning extra stress and long hours without any positive moments, fighting cats turning everything in my life upside down, wife not having any patience with them or me, my riding sucks - dafuq have i don't wrong, @FSM?

Being born is usually the first mistake. But unless you are crying, covered in blood, mucus and shitting yourself, things are looking up.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

Not sure if good / bad but since it is Saturday and you are biking I'll go with good.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Was driving. Saw a fresh flower bouquet stand. The teenager helping his mom is a local shredder. I bought flowers and he delivered them.

Turns out my wife and I forgot it is our wedding anniversary today! Haha good thing I pulled over for flowers.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Weighed myself this morning and am now the lightest I have been since college. Down to 164 lbs at 5' 10". Maximum bouncer size achieved was 225 lbs. Still have a good bit of flab to shed but my legs are ripped and all veiny. Just a tanning bed and a bic razor away from looking like a way too serious 50+ year old roadie.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Lake day. Showed some new arrivals The Way and they're overjoyed at what there is to offer. Kiddo's a little crisped but happy.

Riding tomorrow morning. Then off to find a desk for kiddo's upcoming school year of lots-of-time-at-home.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Supposed to go volunteer for Pierre’s Hole race at Targhee, but the aqi is above 300. Blech.
It may have been that for our ride today, you could chew the air. Probably not Foosing tomorrow as a result.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
We’ve some how escalated from heavy rain to a constant roaring noise that is louder than normal conversation. Visibility down to about 20m, just from sheer raininess.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Wind was moderate today at 12 to 16 mph, I was happy it cleared the smoke a bit but it did change my plan for a road bike ride. I ended up taking the hardtail out along the river for some dirt roadie behavior. 21 miles in 2:15 averaging 9.2 mph. It's river trail so the total gain was only 1175 feet.

Since it's Saturday I knew there would be wake boats on the river so I took the kayak out for a few hours wake stalking. I got swamped twice but most of the boats were being manned by "sensible adults" operating in a "sensible manner". Last night was more fun but all in all not a bad day.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
FEAR is really bad... Like, really, really bad. He was so drunk the stage hands ended the set early and took him off too.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
and here I go again. Another horse show weekend. Camper is not ready for the road but the show is less that ten miles for home. Next day off for me is Aug 21. Part I need to finish the refrigerator repair/ reinstall should arrive on Monday. What is that part you ask? well its two actually. I didn't like that there is no seal around the fridge so I ordered a tube of 2 hour fire resistant expanding foam. and secondly I ordered a new propane line as the old one had a crimp with micro cracks.

strong espresso this fine morning has me in a good mood
Don't you have to quarantine after you were in direct contact with a Covid patient?