Quantcast

Saturday Dilemma

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
Believe it or not there are many MTB spots within an hour drive from Chicago. This Saturday there is a Joint REI/CAMBr workday at Palos forest preserve about 45 minutes southwest of Chicago. I had been planning to attend.

My riding group has been talking about making a trip to Rock Cut state park in Rockford, IL, about 1 hour northwest of Chicago for some time now. Last night I learned about this:
which we could easily hit on the way home from Rockford. $hit, we would be driving right past it.

Oh, but then there is that work day. It is supposed to be hot this weekend too. So I am conflicted.
Hot, sweaty, dirty work, or cold fresh beer?

What would you do?

J

JRB

I've done a ton of trailwork, so I'd feel ok riding and drinking.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
fubar5 said:
but a freeee t-shirt?? Come on, you can never have to many free t-shirts.

ok, you come over to my house and I'll give you alist of chores, you work in the sun all day, I'll go for a ride, come home and have a few beers by the pool, when your done with all the chores I will give you a FREE tshirt :thumb:

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
douglas said:
ok, you come over to my house and I'll give you alist of chores, you work in the sun all day, I'll go for a ride, come home and have a few beers by the pool, when your done with all the chores I will give you a FREE tshirt :thumb:
:rofl: :rofl:

That is pretty much the way those free t-shirts go to. The last few I got have cost me a pint of blood in reality.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Free t-shirts are usually pretty ugly, and only come in huge sizes.

Well the last part applies to me a lot, any free shirt I get, is guaranteed to be like an XL or really large Large.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Craw said:
Free t-shirts are usually pretty ugly, and only come in huge sizes.

Well the last part applies to me a lot, any free shirt I get, is guaranteed to be like an XL or really large Large.
Funny, I wear an XL and all my free t-shirts are usually small or medium.

Hey wait a minute...gimme my shirts!! :mumble: :mumble: :)

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
RenegadeRick said:
What if it were
Beer
vs.
Pride of Ownership in Helping Create and/or Maintain the Finest MTB Trail System in my Greater Metropolitan Area, and a Free T-Shirt?

:help:
I'd probably pick pride of ownership if the dilemma was posed like that.