Quantcast

saturday gfmt

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
so david lee roth has rock climbed at crowders mountain.....and likes fireflies.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Another day pulling oars in the slave ship. I haven't done shit this week so far and I still can't hardly drag myself into work. I need another job or a major attitude adjustment.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
The wife and son left on Thursday evening for a wedding in KS and visit my wife's family. I've got the house all to myself for the next 10days.

Agenda = Ride bikes, house projects, drink beer,... and... ???

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
My hoarding finally paid off.
Washed helmet pads then promptly lost them.
In fit of blind rage I find my old, same model helmet stashed in shop.
Time for dirt.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Not a good start to the day. Made plans yesterday to meet up someone down in Toronto, to buy an arm rest for my car off them.

I get to the meetup spot and he says that he is late and still in Newmarket. What the hell??? I told the guy that I live in Newmarket, why am I driving to the ghetto in Toronto??? :(

It's raining here.

I still plan on riding the bicycle later today.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Wife is with elder kid at kid-gymnastics. I am watching the (snoozing) infant.

Later today I'm selling the unused all seasons from my wife's car: already paid for them (eBay-ed 'em), but will actually pass them off to the other party in a 7-11 parking lot.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Now wiring air compressor. Later cleaning house. Then not going to reunion for a class I took, which will, if all Stars align, allow me time for a bicycle ride in the dirt later.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
:wave:

Another day pulling oars in the slave ship. I haven't done shit this week so far and I still can't hardly drag myself into work. I need another job or a major attitude adjustment.
I think time it's time for you to take a vacation asap . I just picked this up images.jpg and so far it's Bueno.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Slept in, doing some chores, going to roadrunner sports for new running shoes. Updating the trucks Nav system. Beer and BBQ this afternon
I must have missed the part about you working at a horse show. It is a weekend day, right? :derp:

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
No longer doing Saturday Appointment at the Auto Dealership, that's now a major pain getting there on a weekday.
Did a connecting-trails workday, had green tomato on a burger. May get loco and check out RedBox finest offerings this eve...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I've got a half marathon tomorrow, so today is a whole lot of sitting around resting my legs. Weather tomorrow is looking pretty shitty, to which I say "BRING IT", because the worse the weather, the higher up I finish.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Slept late, wrenched on bikes, got supplies for evening grilling session, will ride bike in an hour or so.

WTH is happening to the monkey site? Slow, unreliable, buncha timeouts going on today.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Check Engine light came on the Legacy. Oil smells like gas. Sounds like shit. Big white cloud coming out of the exhaust. I am taking this POS back. Maybe I'll get bagels for lunch?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Another ride done. https://www.strava.com/activities/390832319

Saw some dudes roll up in a camper and hit the trails, was pretty awesome. They are going around on a bike tour of some sorts.

I also came within an inch of eating shit. Came down through this old creek crossing, where there has been two 2x6's laying there for years. Well today there was a big ass log on one, aiming right for my shin and the boards of wood were separated. I panicked and tried to get over, but I ended up in the crack of doom between the boards and was sent straight into my stem. I bounced back and took the tip of my seat right into the sphincter. I ended up running off into the forest....

In other news, I put the new seatpost on the bike. This one has a zero offset head and now I can finally get proper extension of my legs while pedaling. I also don't have this post maxed out on the "min insert line".

Yay bikes.

Anyone have a 36 Float they want to part with??

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
sixer of dales...where u go??? time to bring out the founders porter
I know, right?
That's why I always buy a 12.

Meanwhile my 12yo is riding home in the dark because I'm too drunk to pick him up.

Could ride to meet him but my legs are tired from riding and taking dogs on 2hr hike with the wife.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Try it now?

So here is the deal here. Most of the folks who buy Subarus are idiots and modify them. Then they go on to beat the piss out of them. But before they get rid of them they remove the modifications and try to reset them back to stock. The beat on part went unnoticed by my mechanic. He stated to me everything looked new. Carfax checked out. I have come to find out this is also the case with most Mazdas, Audis and BMW's also. Young folks seem to think that when they buy a Subaru they are buying a race ready rally car. Dealers just pretty them up as they have a huge resale value. The lesson I have learned is that some brands are not worth buying used based on the demographic of who buys that brand. Used Cars with Manual transmissions are never a good idea...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
No ride today, but doing lots of work to the bike. Rebuild fork, service shock air sleeve, new grips and new tires. Also fabricated two custom washers for the worn linkage. Hopefully that will take more play out of the back end.