Quantcast

saturday gfmt

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Ride dh bike with a friend. I sucked after having been of the bike for a few weeks.

Super bummed all week, tonight is no different. Drowning myself in pad thai.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
So here is the deal here. Most of the folks who buy Subarus are idiots and modify them. Then they go on to beat the piss out of them. But before they get rid of them they remove the modifications and try to reset them back to stock. The beat on part went unnoticed by my mechanic. He stated to me everything looked new. Carfax checked out. I have come to find out this is also the case with most Mazdas, Audis and BMW's also. Young folks seem to think that when they buy a Subaru they are buying a race ready rally car. Dealers just pretty them up as they have a huge resale value. The lesson I have learned is that some brands are not worth buying used based on the demographic of who buys that brand. Used Cars with Manual transmissions are never a good idea...
My used Subie is a turd too, and it's not even the typical ricer version. Subaru = Never again. Have you seen these? The multiple ownership badges?

I want one that says "my last Subaru".

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Tuna Caprese, Cingilli, fresh riccoto peppers from Peru, Rice Wine, and Carmello. Long slivers slightly heated in a dry pan. Until pliable. Smells like Coriander...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Subaru is a head gasket company that makes cars. I'd start there.
i wonder how much longer they last over vw flat fours that make so many vanagon owners put them in their vans.

i need to find the pic of a westy owner with a audi V6 in the back of his.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
who would mod a legacy? weerd. my used, manual transmission, 300+hp vehicle has been solid for 2 years now...i was very careful when in bought it and it had <30k miles.
now if only i could stop getting speeding tix...

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Ack. next time I hire some hombres from out in front of home depot. Wife did not like the 3 high red brick borders on the driveway so I bought a load of 9 inch long gravity wall concrete blocks and proceeded to demo the bricks with a sledge hammer. My old body is not used to this crap. I am stiff and sore as a mofo tonight.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I installed a new 802.11ac router tonight. It appears to work well. I am pleased.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So my custom linkage washers seemed to have done the trick in taking out a lot of the play in the frame. Fuck yeah !

But a last minute adjustment to the grip placement resulted in a stripped lock-on. Not to fear though, the other one is not stripped and is nice and tight. Ran a zip-tie through the stripped hole and cinched it with a pair or old cable pullers.

Hopefully this can last until I can get new lock-ons. Next time, I'll just order the full set with ends instead of the refills.