Quantcast

saturday gfmt

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I was supposed to be at a buddies to help him out..2.5 hours ago. Sadly, I slept in. Oops. He has 3-4 other dudes there, so I don't feel too bad....

I just woke up with a killer headache, we'll see how this pans out.

In other news, I rode last night on my newly bled brakes, pads and rotors. The guy I was with commented mid ride "Dude what brakes are those, I never hear them!". I responded with "Elixirs......and its because they aren't really working". I must have had organic pads before, because these metallic pads have absolutely no bite to them. I did a bunch of stop tests on my street, but that first braking moment at the bottom of a hill, while pointing straight at some trees was a little butt puckering with these brakes.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
:imstupid:Just showed up at Ikea to return a Cooktop, and realized I forgot my wallet.:doh:
Strong work. I'm setting up a return of a mattress, back to Amazon on their dime since it gave me and my wife back pain. I plan on putting it in a $4 U-Haul mattress bag, slapping on that pre-paid label, and dropping it off inelegantly at the UPS store.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Strong work. I'm setting up a return of a mattress, back to Amazon on their dime since it gave me and my wife back pain. I plan on putting it in a $4 U-Haul mattress bag, slapping on that pre-paid label, and dropping it off inelegantly at the UPS store.
Luckily, they gave me a store credit. Good thing I'm buying an entire kitchen in the coming days, so I will be able to use that credit.... trying to get ready to go for a quick trail ride now. Not sure how greasy and leafy it's going to be out there now....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Rode on the beach with the 5yo all the way to the end of the island. Way out was good...way back was into 15-20 mph headwinds. Kid did some walking, some riding. Didn't complain much. Good kid. Wind is the natural element that I hate the most. I'd rather ride in about anything else-heat, cold, rain....

Currently drinking beers and planning my ///mountains ///monday ride. Future plans include drinking moar beers and eating unhealthily.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Mercedes didn't check out. It has Gas mixing with the oil. The engine will need to be rebuilt or replaced soon. Depending on the condition of the rings. And a expensive gasket has failed. It drives fine...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I was supposed to be at a buddies to help him out..2.5 hours ago. Sadly, I slept in. Oops. He has 3-4 other dudes there, so I don't feel too bad....

I just woke up with a killer headache, we'll see how this pans out.

In other news, I rode last night on my newly bled brakes, pads and rotors. The guy I was with commented mid ride "Dude what brakes are those, I never hear them!". I responded with "Elixirs......and its because they aren't really working". I must have had organic pads before, because these metallic pads have absolutely no bite to them. I did a bunch of stop tests on my street, but that first braking moment at the bottom of a hill, while pointing straight at some trees was a little butt puckering with these brakes.

Sounds like typical avid.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Massive cranky hangover from drinking the glitter last night. Buffalo has work, and neglected to mention yesterday that he used the last of the coffee in the morning. I bet you can picture the look on my face when I went to make some this morning! Poor child was drug out to the store in the middle of cartoon time and was very confused. Currently drinking the coffee. It's 11:00 now. How did that happen and WHAT exactly was in that glitter!?!?!

Finishing up a Yosemite painting this morning for a wedding gift. Their engagement photo was of them looking out over the Tunnel View. Just have to add the happy couple and then it goes in the mail!

Attachments

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Today was an Adult With Shit To Do Saturday. Up early for grocery shopping, went to Costco, picked up this week's CSA share, had turkey sandwiches for lunch, went to Bed Bath and Beyond for a couple of housethings, and am now working on the laundry. I did run for an hour and have college football on the TV, so at least I've got that going for me.

Small town 5K race tomorrow. I wonder if I can win the thing....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
drove to asheville/blueridge parkway without shoes....my usual backup pair of sneakers were nowhere to be found in car...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Babysitter is reading books to Mariko. Wife is feeding Yuna after Yuna refused to take a bottle from me. Off to Colorado Symphony soon for an all-Strauss program.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rode on the beach with the 5yo all the way to the end of the island. Way out was good...way back was into 15-20 mph headwinds. Kid did some walking, some riding. Didn't complain much. Good kid. Wind is the natural element that I hate the most. I'd rather ride in about anything else-heat, cold, rain....

Currently drinking beers and planning my ///mountains ///monday ride. Future plans include drinking moar beers and eating unhealthily.
Game on