Quantcast

saturday gfmt

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Eh.

Got a watermelon the other day and forgot it in the truck. Went to grab it yesterday only to find that it had popped and soaked my riding shoes with watermelon goo. Fucking great. :mad:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, peanuts! Dog suddenly won't eat her food. Normally she horks it down in 10 seconds. She had no problem eating a couple of eggs though. I'm thinking we got a bad bag of food.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Sunny side up! Working on the Sprinter today to get it ready for a two weeks bike vacation.
Dogs are sleeping after a healthy portion of raw meat.
Off I go!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Hannah had a nightmare last night and joined us around 1am, continuing to have said nightmares. Needless to say, I'm tired. Had a good morning chuckle though. I am listening to Machine Gun Kelly and caught Hannah singing along to a chorus line. Horribly inappropriate for a 2 y/o, but funny nonetheless.

Hoping to keep working on reorganizing the garage today.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Ride canceled today, way too much smoke from all the local fires. Change gears to weight lift day in the garage, then off to a party later today for some social distance eating & drinking.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode with buddies between storms this afternoon. Half of the trails were dusty, half were greasy. 80F/100% humidity but after ride beers fixed that.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
3 days away riding in Wyoming and the wild fire smoke hasn't abated at home at all :(

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Where did you go?
Gowdy?
just about too smoky to ride here without it damaging you...
Last minute decision to head up into WY to try and avoid the smoke. Gowdy for a couple of nights, then up into Medicine Bow National Forest for a night, then "Happy Jacked" on the way home.

We rode this in the Snowy Range:

But I can't overly recommend it as a ride and I'm someone who doesn't mind occasional type 2 fun. if you left the bike and hiked the first 4-5 miles then turned around and headed back you'd have a great day and see some amazing scenery (even better without smoke I'm sure). With a bike it was a little hard going and then the second half of the ride was all across cow grazing open range and didn't do much for me.

Great scenery in the first half:
20200821_124940_HDR.jpg

Totally rideable!
20200821_131803.jpg

There were two scree field crossings where the bike was carried, but the toughest part was the boulder field/cliff overhanging North Gap Lake traverse. That was silly with a bike.