Quantcast

saturday gfmt

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
fotodiox smart adapter showed up for gfx....plays well with canon pancake....not so much with tokina wide angle...too much hunting for focus....

it snowed....it melted

20210109_081856.jpg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
vulture convention left town....only 5-6 showed up this morning...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning, made the active decision to get back i to shape, no new years resolution or crap like that.... Just need to be healthier iver all. Picked up a new rowing machine.... Fo got how evil these bastiges are..... But its all good...... Here is to the first goal of 30 lbs to drop....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Both Mariko and Haley are in Devo. We're going to be here. Yuna and Wifey aren't up today, so we ski together.

Have you been up on a weekend since reservations we're out in place? WAY less people.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Finally a clear sunny day and I made sure to get out and ride. Trails are too muddy so I did my normal road ride up the coast. Normally I ride my gravel bike but I ran out of as I just started the ride and was able to get back and took the road bike. The luxury of having more bikes is real. I did 70km and managed to fall on icy bike path as I had to make a sharp turn but at least I was going super slow.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Played bikes outside yesterday, and it was fucking glorious. Got some errands to run this morning, then possibly an afternoon ski sesh. Or skate sesh. Or moar bikes if the snow holds off. Who even fucking knows. TTFN, suckers.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Both Mariko and Haley are in Devo. We're going to be here. Yuna and Wifey aren't up today, so we ski together.

Have you been up on a weekend since reservations we're out in place? WAY less people.
Are your daughters friends? If so that's pretty freaking cool.:thumb:

Ride with @Adventurous and @StiHacka a success, no broken bikes or bones. Though back and/or kidney pain got significantly worse as the ride went on. Clearly not 100% yet:mad:

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Ride with @Adventurous and @StiHacka a success, no broken bikes or bones. Though though back and/or kidney pain got significantly worse as the ride went on. Clearly not 100% yet:mad:
They know each other better in different devo groups. We live like 45 minutes apart. So it's hard for them to hang out a lot.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode with the no-prisoners-taken duo of CJSP-A. Was great fun, trails were properly frozen, some sketchy looking but velcro ice and snow in corners, almost no people encountered. 10/10, will bang again. Thanks dudes!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Ma Ka Ra peak for me today. It rained two days ago, has been a bit humid since so hopefully trails should be :chef’skiss:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Skied all morning with @Toshi. Did a bunch of bumps and did one run through glades. The glades weren't super steep or dense, but enough to make you have to really pay attention and provided for a few puckers - especially when he lobbed a large branch onto the turn behind himself where I was :panic:. I was also able to push into steeper terrain with some coaching on how I can do a better job of controlling myself through bumps. I got a few really good 10+ turn combinations through the bumps. That's a lot for me, given I've only been skiing (vs. snowboarding) for 4 yrs now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Nice hour and a half hike with the kids this afternoon. Came home to discover and 8 foot section of duct had removed itself from the basement ceiling. Thankfully it didn't break anything when it came down.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
43-ish mile race today. It's kinda like a roadie race for much of it, but there's a few trails thrown in. They usually do a runner and skier class, but due to Covid, fatbikes only. Racers were started in waves, spaced out. Was able to hold with the front-runners to about halfway, but then ran out of steam a bit and dropped a water bottle. Eventually met up with another rider and rode most of the way back alternating draft, which allowed me to pick off a few from the first group at the end that fell behind. Warm for us, 32 or so starting, maybe 28 at the end. Ditched the pogies and just taped foot-warmers to the grips. Last year it was average around -10 and spots were around -20, people dropped out because their eyeballs froze or something. Was way faster this year. Hoping for top 10.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
4CBF1C18-51EF-4F0F-BE3A-0DD381C29EC6.jpeg
FF3F7752-2F8A-4791-AD9C-DAAB57F7204A.jpeg
961CE0AD-9DC1-420D-964D-7AAD71AD249E.jpeg

That was the line on Pioneer. That was stupid. We did not go back to it. I also kindly picked the screenshot from the vid where Stoney actually had his hands in front of him. :D

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Ride with @Adventurous and @StiHacka a success, no broken bikes or bones. Though back and/or kidney pain got significantly worse as the ride went on. Clearly not 100% yet:mad:
I thought about joining you guys but @24°, FUCK THAT NOISE

I did my rowing machine jam

got some new toys for the fish tank...about it

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Work: spent an hour at the office. Had to shuttle a Ambulance to the shop. We had to jump start it. Can't have that shit happen in the field. Thought I had a water leak in the camper from a water line. Camera inspection said no. Looks like it may be a failing seal at the top of the water heater compartment. Tomorrow will involve scaping off the old sealant and adding new non sag lap sealant. Probably do the jack mount at the same time. Rear view camera has a short.in the power line. Wireless transmitter has constant power, it feeds the camera which it going on and off. may have to buy a new camera if I cant get into the casing to find the short. Burgers an onion rings were had for dinner

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Nice hour and a half hike with the kids this afternoon. Came home to discover and 8 foot section of duct had removed itself from the basement ceiling. Thankfully it didn't break anything when it came down.
1) Try it now
2) Needs moar shims
3) Looks flexy
4) Did it come in rootbeer?
5) It jimmydean'd itself

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was out riding the bike running errands when a couple of people on e-scooters passed me. Girl hit crack in the road going at least 15 MPH and shit whipped herself pretty good, no protective equipment.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Great ride, trails at MaKaRa were on point, not too dry, not too wet. Absolutely smashed Peak Flow today, had my own flow on, solid sub 4 min run. I was Jumpy McJumps as the surface was great, most of the loose dirt is gone and it’s really bedding in now (it had a lot of work done in Oct). Also I’d moved to one size smaller volume spacer in my rear shock, I think I am really getting there on that set-up now, although I might need one more in the front now... Anyway much grinning! :headbang:

Last edited: