Quantcast

Saturday gfmt

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Local farm on the way home from the NJ office yesterday had their sweet corn sign up. It's the best in the area, so I had to stop. Chores today, grilling corn (and maybe wings?) tonight, downhill tomorrow.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Wifey's grandmother and a chunk of family who are visiting CO are coming over for a BBQ this afternoon. I have a large to-do list now.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
kinda hot n muggy already. trying to get the kid motivated to go for a quick ride somewhere. dinner w/neighbors tonight.

saw a phantom crane fly while working on the porch yesterday. those things are super cool.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
kinda hot n muggy already. trying to get the kid motivated to go for a quick ride somewhere. dinner w/neighbors tonight.

saw a phantom crane fly while working on the porch yesterday. those things are super cool.
That pileated woodpecker keeps turning up in our yard. He's gotta be nesting nearby.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I sat out on the deck after dinner, hummingbirds have returned! I'm going to hang a feeder and see if they stay.

Elk sausage and eggs cooking up, then get out before the heat wave.

Cheers, everybody.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Snuck the family across the border for our first family hike in Quebec since early April. It was nice. Muggy. Got caught in a thunder shower, but it was nice and refreshing.

Going to do groceries this afternoon.

Hope to ride tomorrow.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Well this is sub optimal. Eh, @Dirtrider ?

On the bright side, I just finished a climb, I'm not on the far side of the forest AND I have a beer.
Cheers?
ummm...is your swingarm brace also cracked in the middle?

hot and humid ride was hot and humid. kiddo decided to try the small cannons on the jumpline.

need a shower and a beer STAT.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
ummm...is your swingarm brace also cracked in the middle?

hot and humid ride was hot and humid. kiddo decided to try the small cannons on the jumpline.

need a shower and a beer STAT.
No crack there. That's probably a shriveled up dead caterpillar. :mad:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
90° heat isn't good for much... but it will soften even the stiffest dh casing tire enough to get cush core installed.

Michelin dh34 on mavic 823s. Woof.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
What's the best go pro mount config for dh riding... Handlebar, helmet or chest? No I don't have a gimble, that's what I have.
Chest with Hypersmooth.

It is currently 94 Freedoms in my Denver zip code. Instead I'm up in the mountains with 63F weather and oddly quite a bit of rain for the last 20 minutes or so.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Chest with Hypersmooth.

It is currently 94 Freedoms in my Denver zip code. Instead I'm up in the mountains with 63F weather and oddly quite a bit of rain for the last 20 minutes or so.
I have a chest mount. Might be easiest to get going for tomorrow. And yes my hero 8 has hypersmooth.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Nice. If it has it, enable horizon leveling even if you trade off a bit of FOV.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have a chest mount. Might be easiest to get going for tomorrow. And yes my hero 8 has hypersmooth.
I like chest footage but it’s hard to keep it stable and the sound always sucks. I’ve started to see people with mouthpiece mounts on their full faces and it looks awesome. The smoothness of your heads natural stabilization but without being way up high. Not sure where to get one or how to make it happen.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Rode ten miles in Leominster on the same trails I had before. Lots of fun until I ran into a family of three black bears. I’m not racist but I turned the fuck around and went the other way. Had to go up the shitty trail but sadly I lived to tell about it.